LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

More LOCAL Police Reports!...

Oh, yes...
Time again
for
MORE
LOCAL POLICE REPORTS.....


I thought I lost some of my old ones when my computer crashed, but they found some on the computer's memory and saved them!


Although they look a little discolored, you can still read them.


So here is one for you today.


Look at the FIRST entry (and the second one) and then MY COMMENTS below the article!:


First Entry:

1. At least they were doggy fashioneestas. I mean, if you are going to be "at large" (by the way, how "at large" can a Polmerian BE?), you might as well be wearing your sweater from Paris, right?

2. At least those little snipping barkers will be WARM while they are running all over town...because there is nothing more pitiful than those tiny, skin and bones yippers shivering uncontrollably with their little bugging eyes, IS there?

3. If they know the location and they know they are two dogs wearing sweaters running about there, it won't be too hard to find them, now will it?

4. Why couldn't the person calling this into the police just put a Whopper burger in front of them and pick them up and put them in their back pocket and call the Humane Society? Good Lord, they couldn't have been bigger than a fistful!

5. When you first read it, did the image of these two sweater-wearing tiny dogs crack you up? At least make you smile? (Because I giggled immediately!)

Second Entry:

1. Good Grief....cars swerving not to hit the children??? Let's HOPE SO!

2. Again, why didn't the person who called the police about this scene go outside immediately and get the kids out of harm's way instead of doing nothing but call the police???

3. What were they playing? Speed bump?

4. Where on earth were their parent(s)?

5. Maybe the scene was this:
Mom: You kids should go outside for a while instead of playing all day on those stupid video games!
Kids: Awwww, MOM..we don't want to!
Mom: I SAID, go and get your snowsuits and go OUTSIDE and PLAY!
Kids: There is nothing to do outside....what will we play?
Mom: I don't care WHAT you play, just go outside! Play in the traffic for all I care..just get your behinds out there.....

6. Moms should be careful what they say to their kids. Kids take things literally.......................

7. Also remember if you are a mom not to tell your kids to "go jump in the lake"..............because if you do, I just may be posting another police report about some kids cutting a hole in frozen Lake Superior and doing exactly what their mom TOLD them to do............................

14 comments:

Brian Miller said...

lol. i love these...was having coffee with a cop friend yesterday and he was telling me some amazing stories....

Kearsie said...

I am putting my money on those two dogs living in some crazy Michigan Paris Hiltonish person's house, who dresses them in sweaters and those poor dogs finally seeing an open door and running as fast as their little legs could carry them. I would run, too.

Unknown said...

The question is, were those dogs wearing sexy sweaters?

L. D. said...

These are so unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.

The Retired One said...

Brian: Yes, I love talking to my officer friends..they have seen some weird stuff...and I am friends with TWO undertakers...don't get THEM started. ha

Kearsie: Yes, I agree...run, Sparky, run!!!

Eva: hard to have cleavage when you are a Pomeranean. ha

L.D.: They are usually funny...I have a collection to share yet with everybody. ha

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

How funny about the dogs. Maybe it's against your city law for dogs to wear sweaters? :)
We've actually had kids laying in the road in front of our house, makes you wonder about their parents who told them to play down by our house. Although I'm pretty sure they didn't suggest the laying in the road part.

Ann said...

You'd expect one or two weird-o's but a whole group at once??

Betsy Banks Adams said...

This stuff is so unbelievable... I ask too: Where are the parents????

Did you see that incident on TV recently where three security guards just stood there and watched one young teen beat up another one???? The video shows them just standing and doing nothing... Unbelievable!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Rick (Ratty) said...

I think I began laughing even before I read your comments. At least the dogs were warm. And I've seen kids do strange things like that before. There are smart kids out there, and then there are the kind like those.

Anonymous said...

These are just so funny and your comments make them even funnier. I did see the incident on t.v. that Betsy is talking about and she is right it was unbelievable!

SquirrelQueen said...

Chihuahuas are the problem in our area, I am always hearing reports on the scanner. But these poor little guys don't have sweaters.

Whoever called in the kids in the street was probably afraid to approach them. I have seen groups of kids playing 'chicken' with traffic more than once. Scary stuff.

The Retired One said...

Catherine: I hope not. ha I don't know why roads attract kids, but you are right..you always see kids playing pretty close to them!

Grannyann: Dumb attracts dumb you know! ha

Betsy: Yes, I did...and all the (rightful) pressure from the media made them finally change their policy now where if they are on duty and see something like that, they are now obligated to help. (well, DUH!) Before, the security guard company had a policy that said they were NOT allowed to help, and that is why this happened.

Ratty: I know, I started laughing as soon as I read the first one in the paper too. I could just picture those skinny little dogs in sweaters. ha

SouthernLady: Read my comment back to Betsy above...I am so glad they changed the policy after that!

SquirrelQueen: Yes, and if one of those kids got killed, they would blame and sue the driver...very unfair.

Bernie said...

More chuckles this morning, yes I can picture these dogs with sweaters on.....but the kids playing on the street...eeeek although I must say the kids play street hockey here all winter, we all are just careful and they are always respectful...it works in my neighbourhood anyway....:-) Hugs

The Retired One said...

Bernie: I am glad your neighborhood keeps those kids safe!
Missing you!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: