LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Weird News...(Otherwise titled: I'll take a nose and a left ear please, no sauce!"):

Time again for MORE Weird News for you , along with MY COMMENTS!


Restaurants around the world have singularly quirky themes and signature dishes, such as the one in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, that seats all diners on toilets and the Beijing restaurant whose cuisine features animal penises.

Last year, a group of doctors in Riga, Latvia, opened Hospitalis, a medical-themed restaurant whose dining room resembles an OR, with "nurse" waitresses bringing food on gurneys, accessorized
with syringes and forceps in addition
to knives and forks and with drinks served in beakers and test tubes.

Hospitalis's signature dish is a cake with edible toppings
that resemble fingers, noses, and tongues. [The Baltic Times, 9- 10-08; News.com.au (Sydney), 3-16-09]

****************************************************************************************** 1. Alrighty, then! Let's see...what would be my FAVORITE dish? Maybe a succulent leg or an uvula (look it up, it really isn't dirty!).

2. We could add some sprinkles of dandruff, light.

3. I'd like it broiled or braised. No fried anything, because we all know that makes it tough and too high in fat (unless you order abdomen cellulite and buttocks fat, then go for it).

4. Did they name their restaurant chain: "Carnivors are us"? or "Cannibals are us"?



5. Do they add ketchup to these, or would that be an insult? How about steak sauce?




6. Wonder how many people faint when they bring out the tomato juice that looks like blood?


7. Not to mention the CHOCOLATE tootsie rolls....(nope, I didn't want to go there, really I didn't!).......

19 comments:

Kearsie said...

Oh man. This totally makes the phrase "you are what you eat" way more gross.

Sandi McBride said...

It would make a great diet center. I've already lost my appetite and I haven't even gone inside yet.
Sandi

Brian Miller said...

eww...maybe they will cut the roast beef with a bone saw...this sounds like something out of a stephen king book...

Jenn Jilks said...

OMG! So funny.

Joy Tilton said...

eww...but interesting! Last years' blog http://grannymountain.blogspot.com/2009/09/happy-birthday-sweetie.html
with "troubling birthday cakes"...

Fran Hill said...

Oh yuk. That's taking 'concept food' to new heights. Or is that depths?

Unknown said...

Yuk! But come to think of it, I worked in a hospital at Christmas time one year, and that had a punch bowl for the employees. One of the Doctors sampled the punch and said, "too much blood, not enough urine!"

The Retired One said...

Kearsie: yes, yes it does!

Sandi: ha! Good idea!

Brian: Yes, or that one where the barber is eating his customers...I can't think of the name right now! Oh yeah..Sweenie McTodd?

Jenn: And odd, right?

Joycee: I will have to look up that older blogpost for some laughs!

Fran: definitely depths..wayyyyy low...

Eva: Me, too...we used to compare the urine samples to apple juice and I NEVER ordered apple juice at the hospital cafeteria because of that. ha

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Thank you for this hilarious yet disturbing information on restaurants. I'll double check my next menu!

DJan said...

Thankfully I had already eaten lunch before I read this, or I think I would have lost my appetite. Very gross, if you ask me, but inventive!

Jientje said...

Yuck!!! I hate ketchup. ;-)

Insanitykim said...

ACK! If I need to lose my appetite in a hurry, I'll go straight there! GAG!

Ann said...

You'd think they had more to do than that.

Kirsten said...

This is a riot!! Do they serve Liquid ' Anesthesia' drinks with their meals? LOL....

The Retired One said...

Sandy: that would be a wise thing to do! :-}

DJan: Not a place I would want to eat, either!

Jientje: The ketchup I could handle, but the rest? Not so much!

Insanity: Gag is right!

Funnyblogs: Thanks so much...hope you sign(ed) on as a Follower!

Grannyann: They have a kitchen to run, right?

Kirsten: If they do, I might just try going there. ha

Bernie said...

Joan only you could come up with a post like this one.....I am still smiling especially at the comments you are getting as I can just see you enjoying everyone of them.
Luv you.......:-) Hugs

Rick (Ratty) said...

I remember reading about the place with the toilets before. You're right, there are some very freaky ideas for restaurants out there. I think I'd rather go to the one here that has a rain forest theme than that one like a hospital.

SquirrelQueen said...

I have eaten some strange foods like frog legs, tripe and fried caribou tongue. I've even eaten warm, raw caribou kidney (at a hunt on the arctic slope). But this still sounds gross.

The Retired One said...

Bernie: yes, I love when readers comment...it is like a little coffee clutch every morning when I read them and visit with my friends. :-} So glad you stopped by.

Ratty: I LOVE Rain Tree Forest restaurants too..(except for their prices). My grandson loves it there.

SquirrelQueen: Yikes, I wouldn't have even TRIED some of what you have eaten.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: