LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yes, folks...your hard earned tax money is paying for stuff like this.....

Every now and then, I like to share some news stories, so that you will remain on top of things and fully informed.
You know, "inquiring minds want to know".....
that type of thing.
So, when I saw THIS news article, you KNOW I had to share it with all of you...



A December National Public Radio report noted that fake houseflies
have begun appearing in urinals around the world based apparently
on research showing that men are more likely to aim at the flies,
thus leaving the area surrounding the urinal cleaner. Another
commentator wondered how such "research" was conducted (other
than by the obvious method of paper-wiping floors around urinals
and then comparing the wipes). [Daily Telegraph, 12-11-09]
[KPCC Radio (Pasadena, Calif.), 12-25-09]

All I can say is:

Men blogger readers, can you PLEASE explain this to us women? Seriously, I really want to understand.

Does it stem (no pun intended) from the old childhood thing about boys peeing in the shape of their name in the snow? Is Freud right? Do women have penis envy? (I know I do whenever we are in the woods and I must balance myself over a log while the hubby (like my digital camera): just points and shoots.

And, who came up with this study? It isn't like a cure for cancer research study, for cryin' out loud...who PAID for this study??? Me and you, fellow taxpayers? Who is accountable for spending money on this?

Because I need to contact them....I have this hypothesis that consuming chocolate while a hunk of a man massaging you for hours makes you lose weight and I gotta get into the control group to try it out.....

2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

All I can really say about this one is, if you could aim wouldn't you do it too?

The Retired One said...

Ratty: I hate to admit this, but heck yes! I would probably write the Declaration of Independence---because no more womanly monthly pain, labor pains or all the other wonderful things that we endure. ha

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: