LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oops! --OR --I have the memory of an elephant (an elephant with dementia)...

Ok.

I know I am getting older, but good grief!

I gave a deadline for my January photo contest as the 31st of January at midnight...

Two bloggers MET that deadline, however I did not get them in my blogpost!

The first one, was because I didn't remember the email it was attached to....sure enough, when Jientje asked me and I went back to look, she had indeed sent it to me!

and the second one, I could not find the e-mail, but it was sent by the Saturday before the contest to me.

So, since I had not shown any of the judges the other entries either yet, to be fair, I am going to CORRECT the last blogpost to include these two blogger's entries and then contact the judges to decide which is their favorites of the (now) eleven entries.

Below are the two "new" entries, which I neglected to include before in the blogpost on Feb. 1st.

Please go BACK to THIS link to now see all ELEVEN entries that I will be sending to the judges to choose a winner.

Once again, I apologize to Jientje and Connie.


Here are the two entries I FORGOT to add to the nine others for judging:




This one is from Connie. She has two blogs: Far Side of Fifty and Far Side of Fifty Photos.




This one is from Jientje. She has TWO blogs. A blog named: Heaven in Belgium and a blog named Heaven in 365.


If you haven't gone to look at the other nine entries to the photo contest, please go to this LINK and look at all of them, these included~!!!

Thanks for being so patient with me folks...I am learning as I host this contest!

P.S. I did do another blogpost today also. If you haven't seen it already, drop below this one an it is waiting there for you.

13 comments:

L. D. said...

I have a lot of problem with blogspot slowing things down. I can open up fresh on dashboard get all my comments done, and then like gangbusters five or six more come up spaced in the middle of the new and the old. I missed a lot of blogs without going back and forth on them to catch the ones they (blogspot) posted late.

Insanitykim said...

I got to check out all the submissions. They are all so great! Thanks again for the opportunity to share our passion with you and your followers! Loves and hugs to ya! :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm just now getting back to reading blogs after my involuntary hiatus. I missed entering the contest. I honestly couldn't find anything rusty. The places I take my camera don't really have many things that rust. I can tell by just these two great pictures that I would have probably come in last place this time anyway. I'll be taking a look at the others as soon as I can.

Bernie said...

We all make mistakes and you have corrected yours and have kept your contest very fair....luv you

These are great photos for your contents Joan.....:-) Hugs

Unknown said...

We make allowances for old age! lol Now what did you forget?

The Retired One said...

L.D.: Hey, I like your new blogger picture! You dashing man, you! :-} Hope you can catch up on all the blogposts and I hope you can enter the next photo contest!

Insanity Kim: You are more than welcome honey...thanks for helping me with the idea...its been such fun!

Ratty: I am so glad you are back from having computer problems...you can't back out from this month's photo contest because the theme is critter closeups.....with all your squirrel, duck, deer and other critter photos, I know you will come up with something to enter!!

Bernie: I felt so bad to have gotten mixed up and not remembered Jientje's email and picture...and not to have gotten Connie's at all....but at least I could remedy it by getting them in before I showed any judges...live and learn. ha

Eva: Ha. You are such a stitch! Hopefully, you will enter next month, my dear!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Don't beat yourself up, Joan. It's OKAY... Glad you found these two entries before it was too late though...

All of the entrees are VERY good.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jientje said...

Well, that's settled then! I love Connies photo too, I think the judges are going to have a very hard time picking a winner!

RNSANE said...

Two other great photos which is going to make the decision even harder!

Brian Miller said...

nice. both of these are remarkable intheir own way, but the second one...very nice.

The Retired One said...

Betsy: Aren't they!? I am so pleased and excited that everyone entered that did...every month I should get more and more entries which will make it more and more fun!

Jientje: That is for SURE. I am glad I am not one of the judges!

RNSane: I know! Wonderful,wonderful photos!

Brian: So so many good choices...I wouldn't want to be a judge,that is for sure!

Ann said...

Glad to have 2 more in the running. My blog was hacked (thru Blogger) and I can't post and everyone is redirected. Trying to get it fixed.

The Retired One said...

Grannyann: Oh NO!I hope you can get things fixed. What a bummer!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: