A blog, written with humor and heart, that shares nature photography and daily life observations. Grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and take a few quiet moments to enjoy the wondrous images that Mother Nature gifts us with every single day! (And every once in a while, to enjoy no images and to just giggle).
LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
The Human Mind...
The Paomnnehal Pweor Of The Hmuan Mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch as Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Did you just read the above paragraph without any trouble?
Isn't it amazing?
*Reminder!: Today is FEB. 20th...remember to enter a photo to the free Photography Contest. February's theme is "Critter Closeups". Please enter your photo by midnight on Feb. 28th to the address listed in these rules. Best of Luck to all the entries!
I will be showing all the entries in an upcoming blogpost and announcing the winner of February's contest by Mar. 15th....stay tuned!!!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- U.P. 200 Dog Sled Race 2010: Part THREE, plus this...
- The U.P. Dog Sled Race 2010: Part TWO
- Gone to the Dogs!!: The U.P. 200 Sled Dog Race 201...
- I Just Can't Stop Taking Pictures of Ducks!...
- Just one of my normal adventures!...but folks, no ...
- The Human Mind...
- More This and That from the Woods: Part TWO
- More LOCAL Police Reports!...
- More This and That from the Woods....Part ONE
- More Weird News...(Otherwise titled: I'll take a n...
- Wanna take the plunge???
- Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!
- More Useless Tidbits
- Mayo Clinic Art: Part TWO: Featuring Dale Chihuly ...
- Hold the Ketchup and Mustard, I want MAYO....
- More Dumb State Laws: Illinois
- We have a WINNER!!!!!
- Yes, folks...your hard earned tax money is paying ...
- Lake Superior Winter Splendor: Part THREE
- Lake Superior Winter Splendor: Part TWO
- Lake Superior Winter Splendor: Part ONE
- Oh Sure, they came to EAT...but I know what they w...
- Oops! --OR --I have the memory of an elephant (an ...
- More Local Police Reports!!!
- Here they are! January's PHOTO CONTEST entries!!! ...
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2009 (298)
I am fascinated by your blog list. There are so many interesting blogs out there, and so many to be discovered.
I will have to take a vacation day to read them all. And each one leads to another.
gerat psot! i hvae a hcecaead now. lol.
Claudia: yes, all the blogs out there are amazing. I am always wishing to have more time to read them all..I had to actually quit following some because I just couldn't read them all..and I like to leave comments on each blog I follow, so I found it impossible to keep up without stress!
Brian: Gsh, I hpe t wsnt a mgigrn.
Fran: fynny wmnon.
That is really interesting. But aren't there a LOT of words with the same beginning and ending letters? I had no problem reading it and would have scrambled my letters but the wags in front of me beat me to it.
The human brain is amazing.
Yep, I read it at the same pace. I of course noticed immediately that each word was "misspelled" but I figured it was intentional. Good little experiment.
DJan: Yes, but it must have to do with the context as you begin reading it...it is really interesting how fast you can read it too, isn't it?
Eva: It sure is!
Technobabe: it is quite interesting, I think.
Amazing post. I never knew that and I was amazed how well I could read it all messed up. That is something.
I had no trouble reading this Joan, it is amazing....Wonder why we bother with all the other letters if we really don't need them.......:-) Hugs
I love that!
The kids have a Shell Silverstein er whoever book, called Runny Babbit, where he actually changes the first letter of each word for others in his poetry. It amazing me how easily I can read it messed up AND correctly! The kids think it's hysterical, as do I...
OH! I must enter! Ack! :)
Yup! Read it with no problem. And I can't wait to get back on my regular computer so I can continue entering your photo contest. Love the netbook but getting tired of this bed. lol!
No trouble reading that at all... Yes, the mind is an interesting thing, isn't it????
Hope you have a great weekend and week ahead. We are headed to Arkansas tomorrow.
This is very amazing. It demonstrates that humans see combinations of smaller things in pictures of whole big things. This also shows a flaw in humans brains. People also see actions in larger chunks. The next time someone is tying their shoes, interrupt them right in the middle, and then see how much trouble they have continuing. You'll be surprised by how many people have to start over again.
It is interesting how our mind will immediately translate it into the correct words. I read it with no problems.
I will have a photo out to you in a few days, just trying to decide which one to use.
Totally amazing, our brains!
Grannyann: amazing way we are wired, isn't it?
Bernie: True enough...we'd save a lot of time if we just dropped some, right?
Insanity: That books sounds sooo cute!
JJ: yes, enter!!! You only have a few days left for this one..hurry!
Betsy: Yay! Pictures of somewhere I have never been...looking forward to seeing them!
Ratty: True enough. I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. ha
SquirrelQueen: YAY!!! I'll be waiting for your entry! I am going on a trip for a few days, but hopefully I will be able to check my e-mail to let you know I got it when it comes in...but send it anyway, I will for sure check it when I get back and I can only accept the ones that make it to my email box by midnight on the 28th!!
Gaston: At least SOME of our brains. ha
Just found this incredible blog! I love your writing and will scroll around some more when I get another minute or two. I am transplanted here in Florida, uprooted 7 years ago from Northern Wisconsin, so I LOVE your snow pictures. It looks like you're having a lot of fun writing - it shows!
The mind is most definitely a powerful thing!
Patti: Welcome aboard!!!! I hope you join(ed) onto my blog as a Follower! I have a lot for you to read and a lot of pictures for you to see which will remind you of upper Wisconsin from the U.P.....
Eternally Distracted: Yes, it is..at least for SOME folks. ha
Post a Comment