He looked like a punk rocker:
And how cool is this? He turned to show us the back view, and he definitely had A LAYERED Mohawk!!:
A blog, written with humor and heart, that shares nature photography and daily life observations. Grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and take a few quiet moments to enjoy the wondrous images that Mother Nature gifts us with every single day! (And every once in a while, to enjoy no images and to just giggle).
But, the other males overheard him. They swam up to check out the action, too:
He really had to fight the rapids and looked like he was having a blast. But then I looked again a few seconds later and I thought, now this CANNOT be what I think it is.....
But, I looked closer and sure enough...there he was! A guy was SURFING this river!:
1. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with the words orange, purple, or silver, or month. (I don't know about you, but I am SURE I used ones that rhymed the last time I had a teensy bit too much wine (and sounded fine)).
2. The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial. (New or old? Not sure. Probably the old one.)(What does this mean? It must be the Aliens????. Ok, now I am scared!)
3. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.(Poor elephant! He was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time!)
4. There are four cars and eleven lightposts on the back of a $10 dollar bill.(Again, what does this mean? Is it significant? Is it connected with the 172 that is on the back of the $5 dollar bill? Aliens again?)
6. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and look like it is stinging itself to death. It spasms a lot. (Now you want to go out and get a scorpion and try it. DON'T you? Don't you!!????)
7. Most scorpions will glow under black (ultraviolet) light. (All right. If you are going to pour liquor on it anyway, you might as well put it under the black light! What is this? The 60's??? Far OUT, man! I just hope the poor scorpion is not wearing a white bra under the light, because that is darn right embarassing when it glows!)
8. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm. (Maybe he is an Alien with super fast powers. Maybe we need to ask him about the $5 and $10 dollar bills?)
9. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar. (Only someone who stole money out of someone's piggy bank would know this. Or someone with a ponzi scheme).
10. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springstein's 'Born in the USA.'(Rock on!...that is most fitting, don't you think?) (Great, now I will have that song in my head ALL day long....)
If you cannot read the small print of the one I have circled, it reads:"9:31p.m.: two eight year olds not getting along, 100 block of Dobson".
Who knew you could call the police? Gheesh! Had I known THIS when my kids were little, I may have utilized it. No need for "time outs"...just call the police and have them hauled away. No more need for valium!
Here is another from 10/7/08:
It reads: "5:40pm: caller requesting wife be removed from his residence, 300 block of W. Park."
So, NOW I get it. If your kids fight, call the cops. If you don't want your spouse anymore, don't worry about the cost and hassle of getting a lawyer and filing for divorce. Just call the police! Who knew???
This little European Starling cutie came to our suet hanger, and he was very hungry!:
I worked in the garden, getting one clear of old mulch and getting the bed ready for new fertilizer and fresh mulch.
I raked most of the yard free of old leaves and could see fresh green grass coming up underneath.We babysat our grandkids and the morning after they left, I became sick with some nasty throat infection. But even WORSE, when I woke up, this is what I saw outside the window: