So here is Volume One of Fifteen: (My thoughts are in italics):
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, otherwise it will digest itself. (You didn't know you were a mucus-maker, now DID you?)
3. The Declaration of Independence (the very official copy in the Rotunda of the National Archives) is written on parchment, not paper. (You bake some cookies on parchment, to keep them from burning on the bottom and being burnt. Hmmm...maybe the forefathers were on to something!)
4. The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle. (This is making a hundred 11-year-old boys giggle uncontrollably).
5. A raisin dropped in a fresh glass of soda will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top. (You are going to test this one, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?)
6. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate. (Poor baby. We need to take her aside and talk to her, aren't we ladies?) (But, that PMS is a bitch, isn't it?)
7. A 2x4 is actually 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" . (Now, if you are a man, you probably understand why this is so. That is not a sexist statement, it is just an observation. Can anybody out there explain why this is so about the 2X4's?) (I hear crickets chirping...anyone? Anyone?)
8. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals. (I am sure a few adults get them, too. And besides, its for the TOYS. When will Mickey-D figure out that if they offer adult toys with adult meals, their sales will go up?)
9. Every person has a unique tongue print. (Say "aaah") (Go ahead...slap some Milk of Magnesia on it and blot on a piece of paper, and then have your loved ones do the same. But, don't use too much, because then you will have to stand in line to use the toilet. Not. Pretty.) Also, how many crimes have been solved by tongue prints?????10. The 'spot' on 7-UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino. (Wow, who knew that? And, isn't it kind of creepy?) Now, every time I look at a 7-up bottle, I'm going to be creeped out.
Stay tuned for more Useless facts and Trivia blog posts...they will be coming...