A blog, written with humor and heart, that shares nature photography and daily life observations. Grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and take a few quiet moments to enjoy the wondrous images that Mother Nature gifts us with every single day! (And every once in a while, to enjoy no images and to just giggle).
LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Two Shells Dedicated to Two Special People......
I decided that before I left the ocean, I needed to do two things for two special people.
First of all, before we left on our trip, I posted that my good friend (Marie) had just passed away. She was only 57 and died from a very fast liver cancer that took her from us just 3 months from her first inkling of a diagnosis. She remains in my thoughts and heart. She absolutely LOVED Florida and talked about going there all the time. She lived here once and then moved back north for her husband to find work. She always missed Florida.
Second of all, I have a blogger friend who is going through some rough times right now. She misses Florida, as she feels much better (healthwise) here. Her and her family (including their pet bird) are going to return to Florida at the end of March because her husband finally got a work transfer to return to Florida, which she LOVES. But she is going through a financial struggle as well.
So, I found two shells and in their honor, I wrote their names on them and just before sunset, I tossed them far into the ocean.
This one looked like an angel's wing:
For Marie, because I wanted to symbolically return her to her beloved Florida.
For Deb(b) (Not sure if you use one B or two B's): because I wanted to put one in the ocean for you to return home to find. It is here, waiting for you with hopes that you find happiness,peace and better health next month when you "return" home to Florida.....
May both my friends find peace.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- A Day for the Birds...
- Time again for Local Police Posts!!!
- Worth Following Award!!
- Beware of Naked Boys with Poodles....
- Just say No: To Garlic !! Oh yeah...and also Easte...
- Customer Service?...NOT!
- More Blogger Password Definitions!!
- Out of McNuggets?? Call 911 !!!
- No Lemons and I still got Lemonade!!
- Spring Sign Number 5: Only 45 to go!!
- Thanks Patricia! (For making my day!)
- Useless Facts and Trivia!!
- Another Local News Post!!......................
- This Driver is TOTALLY my Hero....................
- Four down, and 36 to Go!!!!
- I am Really Humbled.....Three more awards!
- Now THAT is an idea..........................
- Amazing Video!...Wait until you hear this!!
- New Income Maker: Sue someone because you are Stup...
- Top Ten Lame Excuses for Not Wanting Sex.....
- More Blogger Password Definitions!!
- Like a Politician....Can I count on your Vote?
- This is how I feel some days...it isn't pretty!!!
- I Gots Me Another FanTabulous Award!!!
- I said CARPS, NOT Corpse!
- Watch who Stops you for a Ticket!!
- Let me Count the Ways................
- How OLD are you in YOUR MIND?????
- More Local Police Reports
- Excuse Me, OFFICER?????
- We are Home!!!!
- I got the Vacation-is-over-I'm Goin' Home Blues......
- Two Shells Dedicated to Two Special People......
- ▼ March (34)
So sweet. A true treasure. Thanks for sharing this moment in time!
Awwww... that was sweet and touching - so thoughtful of you (as if I didn't know that that is how you ARE). Loved the posting about the sax player, too! And loved Kim's graphic - so talented, she is. Maybe we can meet up in St. Pete some day. It was so BITTERLY cold when we were in St. John's Pass - I could send you photos to show you how bundled up we all were (friend Stuart was with us that day). Brrr.
Glad you had better weather. And happy that you enjoyed the flea market and its great selection of fruits and veggies. Yum!
Insanity Kim: Thanks. I just felt compelled to do it. I know better than to ignore those type of feelings! So I did it....
Jess: The sax player was something else! He was actually pretty good, but we got such a case of the giggles when he thought I was a groupie filming him.
I would LOVE to meet up in St. Pete. The poor Dacquiri Deck at Madeira Beach won't know what to do with US now will it?
This was a very nice thought.
Very sweet and touching post. Hope each of your friends finds peace in her own way.
Loree: Me too! Thanks!
And so you friends are are where they love to be ... in spirit at least. Special stuff.
June: That's what I hope........
Post a Comment