LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
We are Home!!!!
After driving all day yesterday from my daughter's home in Kenosha, Wisconsin we finally made it home to the U.P. of Michigan late yesterday afternoon!
It was very nice to be able to end our trip by visiting (even though it was brief!) with her and her family. And of course, the hugs from my two grandchildren was the frosting on the cake!
They have grown so much from in January when we saw them last!
Anyway, today is full of all those things that you have to do when you get back from vacation....you know: the laundry, cooking because you left the refrigerator naked, heating up the house again to a comfortable level, catching up on mail and newspapers. Even though we were only gone for 3 weeks, it seems a lot longer!
So today, I will just list the TOP TEN things I love about getting home from vacation:
1. My own bed! No matter how comfortable it is to sleep in anyone else's home or how hotels try and make their beds comfortable, nothing is like sleeping in your own bed. I sunk in last night, and except for a whole lot of crazy dreams, it felt wonderful.
2. My own shower. Gosh it is good to feel the water pressure you are used to and know where to reach with soapy eyes to get your shampoo, cream rinse and razor...and where you hung your towel, etc.
3. My own loofa. Hotels always have washcloths, but I really missed my squeegy and my liquid soap to whip up a lather. And whip it up, I did!
4. Washing laundry. It will be so nice not to worry about using up my last day of clean underwear on the road. ha
5. Our own TV. It is great to be back and know what channels are where and get back to the routine of watching what we want when we want to. And of course this involves also being able to stretch out on the couch and snuggle together, along with getting fantastic head rubs and massages from my hubby as we watch TV. (Yeah, I know I am spoiled!)
6. No more restaurant food! We actually got tired of eating out. I actually feel like cooking! And, if I see one more McDonald's, I think I will ralph!
7. Wonderful Lake Superior Clean Tap Water! Lord, the water down south is NASTY. Our water is really good, like spring fed water. When we eat out we always like a cold drink of ice water with our meals. When we were on our trip, the tap water all tasted awful.
8. In-floor radiant heat: We are blessed at home with warm, radiant floor heat on all walking surfaces. When it was chilly on our trip, the floors were always cold whereever we stayed. Tile bathroom floors were the worst. I know in the south, these are a blessing and a necessity to keep it cool from the heat...but yowsa!!! (when I got up in the morning and my feet hit the floor!)!
9. Local newspaper and news: I love turning on our local news each morning to go with my coffee and to read our local newspaper. I had them hold ours while we were gone and they will all be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to read and catch up on people we know and love.
10. Neighborhood and Family Hellos: I love getting back and running into folks we know in stores, & at the post office. They know us, our history and our family. It is a supportive community with caring, warm, salt-of-the-earth people who genuinely care about you. They hoped for us that we would have a nice, safe and fun trip. They sincerely are happy for us that we did and really want to see and share the photos. I know I was missed, and I missed them.
And of course, I missed my routine blogging and reading all of your blogs. I did my best on vacation and loved sharing my photos with all of you on the road. But it will be a lot easier now that I am home and back to routine.
So thanks everyone who kept checking the blog for something new.
And thanks to everyone who left comments for me to check while we were on the road. It was so much fun getting them every night as I checked from our hotels!!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- A Day for the Birds...
- Time again for Local Police Posts!!!
- Worth Following Award!!
- Beware of Naked Boys with Poodles....
- Just say No: To Garlic !! Oh yeah...and also Easte...
- Customer Service?...NOT!
- More Blogger Password Definitions!!
- Out of McNuggets?? Call 911 !!!
- No Lemons and I still got Lemonade!!
- Spring Sign Number 5: Only 45 to go!!
- Thanks Patricia! (For making my day!)
- Useless Facts and Trivia!!
- Another Local News Post!!......................
- This Driver is TOTALLY my Hero....................
- Four down, and 36 to Go!!!!
- I am Really Humbled.....Three more awards!
- Now THAT is an idea..........................
- Amazing Video!...Wait until you hear this!!
- New Income Maker: Sue someone because you are Stup...
- Top Ten Lame Excuses for Not Wanting Sex.....
- More Blogger Password Definitions!!
- Like a Politician....Can I count on your Vote?
- This is how I feel some days...it isn't pretty!!!
- I Gots Me Another FanTabulous Award!!!
- I said CARPS, NOT Corpse!
- Watch who Stops you for a Ticket!!
- Let me Count the Ways................
- How OLD are you in YOUR MIND?????
- More Local Police Reports
- Excuse Me, OFFICER?????
- We are Home!!!!
- I got the Vacation-is-over-I'm Goin' Home Blues......
- Two Shells Dedicated to Two Special People......
- ▼ March (34)