Thursday, June 30, 2011
Beatiful, and, Ummm...not so beautiful...all in the same day!
We are starting to get out in the woods a little more
not as much as I'd like yet (too busy, dang it!)
to get photographs.
But I was glad I DID get out one day,
what I saw!:
(A face only a Mother could love)
See THESE claws??:
(Let's just say that I did NOT attempt to pick him up for a picture of his backside!)
He was smack in the middle of the road.
I got out of the car to gently nudge him with my feet to the side of the road
so he wouldn't get run over.
But then I remembered I had SANDALS on....
(HE had other ideas about the whole "she's jabbing me with an unprotected foot thing".)
HIS idea was:
I DON'T THINK SO.
So I just said:
And HE said: NO WAY.
So, I did what any sensible Blogger would do.
I took many photos of him and got in my car and left.
(Luckily, on the way back through, his body was not squished in the middle of the road, so he MUST have finally crawled to the other side of the road).
That same day?
We also found something beautiful:
You never know what beauty may show up in your day.
Just make sure you don't get distracted by the
"not so pretty" of your day.
Do YOU know what day this is????
It is the LAST day you can send in a photo
for the FREE PHOTO CONTEST for June 2011~!!!!
Send me your photo by midnight tonight for the theme of:
Just follow THESE RULES.
You don't have to be a Blogger to enter.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beatiful, and, Ummm...not so beautiful...all in th...
- Spring Into Summer...
- Spring's Wonderful Bounty
- More Garden Blooms...
- Blooms and one bird....
- Birds and Blooms! (Wait a minute...isn't that the ...
- More Outside U.P. Discoveries!
- Woodchuck!! (Or Groundhog?)...
- Outside in the U.P. !!
- Spring Trip to the U.P. Woods!--Part Two
- Spring Trip to the U.P. Woods!--Part One
- We have a winner for the May's FREE PHOTO CONTEST!...
- Spring Birds in the U.P.!!
- The Second Set of our Trip to Florida Pictures, (o...
- Here They Are!! May's entries for the FREE PHOTO C...
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)