LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beatiful, and, Ummm...not so beautiful...all in the same day!

We are starting to get out in the woods a little more 
although
not as much as I'd like yet (too busy, dang it!)
to get photographs.

But I was glad I DID get out one day,
because
THIS
is
what I saw!:
(A face only a Mother could love)






See THESE claws??:
(Let's just say that I did NOT attempt to pick him up for a picture of his backside!)


He was smack in the middle of the road.
I got out of the car to gently nudge him with my feet to the side of the road
so he wouldn't get run over.

But then I remembered I had SANDALS on....

(HE had other ideas about the whole "she's jabbing me with an unprotected foot thing".)






HIS idea was:
I DON'T THINK SO.

So I just said: 
SHOO...SHOOOOOOOOO

And HE said:  NO WAY.




So, I did what any sensible Blogger would do.


I took many photos of him and got in my car and left.
(Luckily, on the way back through, his body was not squished in the middle of the road, so he MUST have finally crawled to the other side of the road).




That same day?

We also found something beautiful:
TRILLIUMS !!!!!!






And,
apple blossoms!:





























You never know what beauty may show up in your day.

Just make sure you don't get distracted by the
"not so pretty" of your day.


*******************************************************
Do YOU know what day this is????

It is the LAST day you can send in a photo
for the FREE PHOTO CONTEST for June 2011~!!!!

Hurry!

Send me your photo by midnight tonight for the theme of:

CIRCLES!!!

Just follow THESE RULES.

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter.

17 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Awwwww....I think he is beautiful!!! Glad to hear he made it to the other side. Lovely blossoms too!

Country Gal said...

AWESOME photos ! Your photography is fantastic !

Far Side of Fifty said...

Turtles are so cool! Your flower photos are beautiful! :)

Pat Tillett said...

Oh come on! He's a cutie! A throwback to the dino days. Love those apple blossom pics Joan!

MadSnapper said...

the apple blossoms need to be framed, and love mr tortoise and so glad he did not get squished, there is certainly no way to move them.

Grandmother Mary said...

It's so true. No matter what happens, I say: "That would be an interesting blog post or blog photo." Great photos!

Ginnymo said...

I love the turtle even though he isn't as cute as mine..Ha! I hate the thought of them getting run over. The apple blossums are all gone here and there are little green apples growing. The birds and deer will be happy.

Pat said...

Don't laugh! When I saw the first photo I first thought it was a knot in a tree.....then I realized it was the face of a turtle! Ha ha! I know..what's wrong with me, right? I thought the woodpecker was a fish nailed to the tree! Maybe I should have my eyes checker? Or else get a bigger monitor! Anyway, you were brave to try to move him after seeing those long nails. Did you hear how the runway at JFK in NY was closed for a little while as 100 turtles crossed it? It's true! Got to love nature!

Ruth Hiebert said...

These pictures definitely show the contrast between beauty and not so beautiful.I love the apple blossoms.

Anonymous said...

Love the turtle face!
Linda Reeder

Rita said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)
It was all beautiful to me.

Dave said...

I didn't think turtles were dangerous? Must admit that one looked a bit threatening though - Dave

Anonymous said...

WHAT AN UGLY FELLA, OR GAL?? Anyway, you're lucky he didn't take your toes off!!!

SquirrelQueen said...

I think he is adorable but those claws do look a bit dangerous. I love your shots of the apple blossoms Joan.

I can't believe it's July already, guess who forgot to send you a photo? It was already to go but I totally spaced it out. I'm be back for next month.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, So glad to get home and back to blogging. We did have a fabulous trip--but home is pretty nice also!!!!!

Great pictures, Joan---both the ugly and the beautiful. Of course, everything is beautiful in its own way!!!!! Right????? ha
Hugs,
Betsy

LindyLouMac said...

I actually think he looks rather cute the way you have captured his face in the first photo.

Debbie Lo said...

The flowers are especially lovely! I love the pink edges on the apple blossoms.

Glad to hear you didn't get too close to that turtle as he was a snapping turtle, and they can be somewhat aggressive. Love the photos tho. His claws definitely looked SHARP!! Thank goodness you didn't see him smushed on the road too. That would have been sad.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: