LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here They Are!! May's entries for the FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Theme: "Something that starts with an A"

Here they are!

The May 2011
FREE PHOTO CONTEST
entries.

The theme was:
SOMETHING THAT STARTS WITH AN "A".

And I just loved what people came up with to fit the theme.....





Architecture
This is from Heather. Her blog is called: "Before/After".








Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica
This is from Sharon W. Her blog is called: "Sharon's Paws Create" 







 Amy and her son
This is from Amy B. Her blog is called: "Amy's Camping Chronicles".







Apples
This is from Arti. Her blog is called: "My Yatra Diary".






Apple Blossom
This is from Linda. Her blog is called:"Linda's Letters".







Amaryllis
This is from Teresa S. Her blog is called: "Gardening with Soule".









Albatross in Oahu
This is from Val B.  Her blog is called: "My Girlz Got Paws".








Antwerp Cathedral
This is from Anni S. Her blog is called: "This is Belgium".







Apples in a Row
This is from Larry B.  He has two blogs. One is called: "Larry's Creative Zone" and the other one is called: "Larry's Photo a Day".







Achroous-meaning "colorless"
This one is from Jacob Mc. His blog is called: "Bland and Boring to Extraordinary".











Adorable Alexandra
This one is from D-Jan. Her blog is called: "D-Janity".










Azalea
This is from Nancy. Her blog is called: "Blissed out Grandma".








American Eagle, American Flag
This one is from Josh H. His blog is called: "Josh Hed".








  Aircraft
This is from Judy. She has two blogs. One is called: "The Road to Here" and the other one is called: "Through Squirrel Eyes".


********************************************************************
There you have it folks!!

So, if YOU were the judge...which one would you pick as our winner?????

I love the imagination and creativity of all of the people that enter my contest
every month...it is such fun to see what is submitted. All of you have my gratitude for the hard work you do and for entering!!

If you entered a photo this month and I somehow MISSED posting it here,
please notify me IMMEDIATELY...as I will wait to contact my judges for a few days until I am sure that I did not forget anyone.


And now....

What is the theme for the
FREE PHOTO CONTEST
for JUNE 2011????

CIRCLES

Send me your photo no later than midnight,  June 30, 2011
following
THESE RULES.
(You don't have to be a Blogger to enter).

23 comments:

Arti said...

Wow... Another set of magnificient pics...
Searching for circles now:)

Brian Miller said...

nice.quite the range this month...i like the classroom and the airplane....

Country Gal said...

Oh WOW! they are all great, I couldnt be the judge and pick just one from these photos, they are all so unique ! Have a great day !

MadSnapper said...

lots of creativity here.. had no idea how many thing they could come up with. all i could think of was architecture and apples

Tracy said...

Gosh, I don't know if I could choose, they are all so very special. I liked 'aircraft' but 'architecture' was also special, well crap; just can't decide!

diane b said...

Theresa S has my vote.

Sharon Wagner said...

Wow, I'm the first to comment. The Amaryllis is very striking. But it is always so fun to see all the entries. I love your contest.

Bossy Betty said...

Wonderful entries!!! It's great to see the creativity your contests bring out in people!

Unknown said...

Amaryllis would get my vote! But there are several great photos there.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well done everyone! I was too busy to participate this month..maybe I will find a circle or two for next month:)

Hilary said...

Many wonderful shots here. What a good idea.

Mellodee said...

Well, I've picked my favorite! Quite a range, but the one I'd choose is a real stand-out. We'll see if I picked a winner!! I haven't yet, but sooner or later I'm bound to get it right, if only because of the law of averages! LOL!

I love this contest, mainly because I can't take decent photos and really admire people who can! Thanks for hosting such a great showcase!

Grandmother Mary said...

Amaryllis is my favorite with its remarkable detail. What a good group!

SquirrelQueen said...

Another fantastic assortment of photos, the takes on the theme are amazing.

Circles? I'm searching now!

Anonymous said...

I've gotta go with Adorable Annibelle!
Linda Reeder

Pat said...

Wow - the judges certainly have their work cut out for them! There are some really outstanding entries here! Good luck to everyone!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Nice group of photos, Joan....

Hugs,
Betsy

J.J. in L.A. said...

Ahh! I loves me some Amaryllis but that little girl... I'm soooo glad I'm not a judge. lol!

*now to go find something circular.

CrazyCris said...

Gorgeous!!! No idea who will win, they're all amazing! But I do have a favourite: LOVE that Mayan pyramid at the beginning!!! Brings back childhood memories... :o)

I forgot to send in my A shot, but in all honesty it wasn't worthy of these. I'll try to think of something extra special for circles! ;o)

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I vote for the Amaryllis. Beautiful.

Debbie Lo said...

Great job, everyone! Your pictures were all so different and really inspiring! I like the Arenal Volcano.

Andrea said...

Great entries as usual, but since beauty is in the eye of...., i choose the Arenal Volcano. I love the composition.

This is Belgium said...

I am delighted to see my Antwerp picture on your website.. I am in excellent company!
greetings from Brussels !
anni

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: