LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

More Garden Blooms...

My garden in the spring has over 300 tulips blooming...

It used to have over 500 tulips, but our cold winters have taken their toll on them
and
the chipmunks ate some bulbs too. (Sigh)

But, the ones that are left, along with some other spring flowers
always
excite me and make me so happy.




These are primrose:














Pink double tulips against a background of red/gold primrose:







I love looking wayyyyy inside tulips.  These had white trimmed in purple inside them:







The double tulips this year were huge...they reminded me more of Peonies:















Nothing cheers me up more on a sunny spring day than a group of red tulips:







And this year, my orange with yellow bi-color tulips did well:







They reminded me of poppies with their black centers:









Stay tuned...there will be more photos of my garden flowers.....I had to capture them with my lens before they all disappeared into summer!
************************************************************************
I KNOW it is summer, and I KNOW you are busy...
but, don't get SO busy that you forget to enter my 
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!

This month's theme is:

CIRCLES !!!!

Send me your photo no later than midnight on June 30th, 2011
following

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter.

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

my my my how your garden grows...such beauty...love the vibrant colors of the primrose...

Andrea said...

Wow, the flowers are so beautiful and the photos are great. We don't have tulips in our gardens because it is hot here, we only have them in the flower shops.

Anonymous said...

I could have so much fun "artifying" a couple of these!! They are gorgeous!!!

MadSnapper said...

well the "survivors" are gorgeous and i say even stunning.

Country Gal said...

AWESOME blooms and photos !

L. D. said...

I am glad that you finally thawed out and spring did arrive. We continue to have monsoon weather and things just won't grow without a little heat.

Unknown said...

I envy you both for your garden and for your ability to capture such beautiful shots!

Pat said...

Wow - so beautiful! And I'm happy to see the "double tulips" because my daughter had some of those and she didn't believe me when I told her they were tulips! I feel validated now! Thanks!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful,flowers.Eah Tulip has it's own unique stlye and beauty.

Rita said...

Gorgeous flowers! I especially love the double tulips and the orange and yellow ones. Yes! Show us more!! :):)

Pat Tillett said...

I love them all, but the orange tulips are amazing! Great photos Joan. thanks for sharing your garden...

Debbie Lo said...

After looking at your enchanting photos, I feel like someone just sent me a colorful bouquet of spring flowers. :-) Can't wait to see more of your garden flowers as they bloom, Joan. Very lovely!

Dave said...

Loved your flower photos on both of these two blogs, and specially the goldfinch. Well done for capturing that picture! - Dave

Unknown said...

There's a smile in every one of these flowers.
Thanks so much for the warm wakeup.

Sharon Wagner said...

Wow! Each close up is so crisp. An explosion of color.

SquirrelQueen said...

I'm glad the chipmunks left a few of the bulbs for you to enjoy and share. Those double tulips are so pretty, I want some for my yard.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: