LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

We have a winner for the May's FREE PHOTO CONTEST! Theme: Something that Starts with an A

Woo hoo!
The Judges have spoken!

We have a winner for the FREE MONTHLY Amateur PHOTOGRAPHER's CONTEST for MAY 2011.

The theme was:

SOMETHING THAT STARTS WITH AN A

We got some interesting entries, and it was such fun to see what people entered.


If you didn't get a chance to see the blogpost of all the entries, 
just click HERE.

Now, 
without any further delay....


HERE IS YOUR WINNER:

Congratulations TES!!!

It is a stunning Amaryllis photo!!!


Special mentions also go to:
--Heather for her Architecture photo
--Sharon for her volcano photo
--and--
--Jacob for his "colorless" classroom photo (The judges said it was very original for the A theme!)

**********************************************************
Once again, I really, really want to thank those that enter, month after month, faithfully--all of the photos are so unique and wonderful. 

And, I want to thank all the new people that entered too.  I encourage you all to keep entering a photo every month. 

It is a great exercise for any photographer to get a theme and then go out and find a photo.  Sometimes, when you are looking for a  themed photo, you can find photos of many other things right next to the one you take for a contest.  Some wonderful photos you never would have found without going out on the theme exercise!

It stretches your creative muscles, which is a GOOD THING!!!

My judges always say it is a near-impossible job to pick only one winner and many times I have to go to a 4th or 5th judge to get a final decision.

Also, I want to encourage new readers/Followers to enter your photo. You don't have to be a seasoned photographer..just try!  It is such fun to see everyone's interpretation to the monthly themes!

This month the theme is:

CIRCLES

Enter your photo to me, no later than midnight on June 30, 2011,
following 

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter.

20 comments:

Brian Miller said...

that is a great shot...great use of color and shadow...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is a stunning photo and it's no wonder it was the winner.

FlowerLady

Arti said...

Great choice, congrats TES... Looking out for circles now!

MadSnapper said...

it is a stunning photo.

Country Gal said...

CONGRATS ! A stunning photo !

Nat said...

Beautiful photo! Congrats to TES :-)
Looking forward to the Circle shots!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Oh yes, I knew it the instant I saw it. Just stunning, and an inspiration to the rest of us!

Tracy said...

YEs, definitely a worthy winner, but then again, all of them were!
Congrats to all the entrants!

Hilary said...

Very nice.. it's a beauty of a photo. Congrats to Tes.

Pat said...

That one was one of my favorites....the lighting is just exquisite in that shot, and the color of the amaryllis is stunning! Congrats to Tess!

Debbie Lo said...

Congrats, Tes! And having seen the entries, I agree with the judges decisions, although all of the photos were wonderfully interesting in their own way.

Dave said...

That Amaryllis looks nice. I would like to see more of the photos... - Dave

Andrea said...

Wow what a lovely shot! Congratulations.

Mellodee said...

I did it!! I finally picked the winner!! Actually, this glorious photo would have been hard to beat!! Wonderful color, lighting, composition....everything a photo should be! Congratulations Tes....that's a stunner!!

J.J. in L.A. said...

I love Amaryllises! Amarylli? ; ) Gorgeous pic!

Working on the 'circles' theme. I have to be out of the chair to do it but I don't get out til 2-3 am and the lighting just sucks. ; )

LoieJ said...

I've been reading/looking at your blog almost every day for a couple of months, but mostly using either Google Reader or my phone, as I've been away from home a couple of times since I discovered it. I'm getting intrigued with the photo contest, so now I'm an official follower. I love photo blogs, and nature themes, so your blog is a great one for me to follow. From LoieJ in N MN.

Tes said...

Thanks very much everyone for your kind comments about my photo. I am even more honored seeing the stiff competition here in the great photos everyone entered. I love the contest here and am very greatful to be able to participate. Thankyou for a quality competition.

SquirrelQueen said...

Congrats to Tes!
That is definitely an eye catching shot.

LindyLouMac said...

What a beautiful portrait of an Amaryllis a well deserved win.

L. D. said...

I would have picked it as a winner also. The red was such a true red with the translucent petals. Great photographer. Great shot.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: