LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Spring's Wonderful Bounty

Today, we will continue with some more photos
of
my spring garden's flowers....


We were very lucky when we built on this property.
There were two areas full of Vinca Minor vines that faithfully put out their violet/blue flowers
every year:







Red tulips enjoying the spring sun:







Double pink tulips and primrose after the rain:












Our property has HUGE boulders on it.
When we built your house, I had a bulldozer push them into some areas, forming a
semi-circle and then I put gardens into them...they make nice "backdrops" for
the blooming flowers.



A grouping of pink tulips:







I love buying a bag of "mixed tulips" and planting them in the fall.....
and
then waiting to see what colors come up in the spring.
One of my favorites is this two-toned yellow/red one:















Close-up of a Vinca Minor:








Our first tree to blossom is this plum tree.  We never get plums, but the birds LOVE this tree:







Yellow primrose!:






Tulip Drama
after the rain:

Nature doesn't fool around when it comes to beauty.....

22 comments:

Brian Miller said...

love the two tone tulip...there is just a certain elegance about a tulip you know...

Rita said...

Love your idea of buying mixed tulips in the fall for a fun surprise in the spring. I'll do that this year for myself and my daughter. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I envy you your beautiful flowers!!! I like the kind that come back by themselves. The shrew's have eaten most of my tulip bulbs, but they don't like daffodils and johnquils!

Anonymous said...

I tried to post this a moment ago and the page disappeared so if you get it twice...
As I had try to say a moment ago before blogger hit me between the eyes, I envy you your beautiful flowers! I like the kind that come up year after year by themselves!!

MadSnapper said...

so true about nature, these are so brilliant, the colors are mind boggling. i like the yellow primrose and the purple flowers because i have never seen them before. i like seeing new flowers. the mixed tulips turned out wonderful for you and a great idea with the rocks.

Unknown said...

Nature doesn't fool around, and neither do you! Beautiful shots, again!

Pat said...

I, too, like the surprise of what comes up in the Spring! Now if only I had a yard to plant in! Enjoyed all the photos!

Grandmother Mary said...

All those colors all together. Beautiful!

Emma Springfield said...

I hope you don't mind, I have saved several of your lovely flower pictures to use as jigsaw puzzles on my computer. Thank you

Emma Springfield said...

I hope you don't mind; I saved several of your lovely pictures to use as jigsaw puzzles on my computer. Thank you

Ruth Hiebert said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Bossy Betty said...

OH! These were great. I just love tulips! (So much better than one lip....)

Far Side of Fifty said...

beautiful, you are very lucky to have the Vinca it is so very pretty..we are too cold to grow it here. I gave up on Tulips the deer eat them...I sure enjoyed yours:)

Rita said...

These are just stunning!! Stunning!! :):)

Ann said...

Great and beautiful photos!!!

Pat Tillett said...

Just darn beautiful Joan!
When you have good light the results can be amazing! Like the two-toned yellow and red tulips.

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on blogs and I'm enjoying all of your lovely flower photos. Now that spring has become summer, what do you have on bloom?
Linda Reeder

RNSANE said...

You must get so much joy out of your beautiful garden with its splendour of flowers. They are only made more delightful by their jewelry of raindrops!

Dave said...

Nice flower photos. Those Vincas are certainly lovely little flowers - similar to violets in shape - Dave

Ginnymo said...

You sure have some beautiful flowers. I love to see the rain drops on them. Awesome colors!

SquirrelQueen said...

Those tulips are gorgeous, I love your last macro shot with the raindrops.

Debbie Lo said...

I love all the flower colors and the raindrops on them too. What an interesting idea to have all the boulders pushed aside and then plant flowers in and around them. Great idea, Joan, because that makes for some interesting views!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: