LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Dog Sled Races: Part ONE!!
Today, we are back to winter photos!
And one of the favorite activities I do, is to attend the U.P. 200 Dog Sled Races
held in Marquette, Michigan.
Today, I am sharing these photos (Part One)
of this year's race.
They haul in snow and run the track
smack down the center of the downtown streets:
A shot of the announcer's box:
(The lady in red at the podium just got back from the Iditarod in Alaska
and she also went to Antarctica to experience Condition Zero..she is a fantastic speaker).
Getting the dogs ready:
(the blue marks on their sides means these dogs have been examined by the Vet. and are ok to run the race).
Checking out the dog's paws.
They must be healthy prior to and during the race and they make them wear doggie booties:
Official race clock.
They left at 7:10p on the dot!:
I LOVED this shot.
It was like the dog was dreaming of winning the upcoming race:
I bet you thought all dog sled races were run with Husky dogs, didn't you?
We only saw a few of that breed when we were there.
But if I were a FEMALE sled dog????
You can bet your wagging tail
I'd be after
Stay tuned to my blog,
I will be doing Part TWO
of these wonderful races next!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Part FOUR: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park i...
- Dog Sled Races: Part THREE
- Dog Sled Races: Part TWO ! (Otherwise known as Dog...
- Book Review
- Dog Sled Races: Part ONE!!
- Part THREE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park ...
- Part TWO: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- Part ONE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- We have a WINNER for the February's FREE PHOTO CON...
- Erin Go Bragh-less?
- Breakers and Birds!!
- Florida Trip: Part FIVE
- Snow Sculptures!!
- Florida Trip: Part FOUR (otherwise known as Florid...
- Trip to Florida: Part Three
- Trip to Florida: Part Two
- Trip to Florida: Part ONE
- Here they Are!! February 2011 Free Photo Contest E...
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part Two
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)