LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trip to Florida: Part Three

Here we go..
on to Part Three of my Florida Photos!

We ALL can use some cheerful flower pictures
THIS time of year, no?:







I was totally smitten with this large Ibis by our hotel.
He had GREEN around his eyes.

GREEN, people!!

I LOVED it!:








SEE???

See why I was smitten"??!!:








My feet in the Atlantic ocean.

By the way, the Atlantic was SOOOO much warmer this year than the Gulf waters!:
(Try NOT to look at my freakish bunions. My apologies for the nightmares ahead of time).





A kayaker!
(I would be too afraid of high waves and huge fish. God Bless him.):








A very cool dead tree on a rest stop when we first got across the Florida
state line.
We stopped there last year too because it was such a pretty spot!:









Palms leaves!!!:









A lovely, fuzzy, pelican head:










One of the delights for me every time I go to Florida
are the Pelicans.

There are always some by our hotel:

There are plenty more pictures of my Florida adventure....
so keep stopping in!!

*********************************************************************
Don't forget to enter the March 2011 FREE PHOTO CONTEST!
This month's theme is:

RED

That's right...use your imagination and send me your winning photo for the theme of red.

You don't have to be a Blogger to enter...
just follow
THESE RULES
and enter no later than midnight, on March 31st.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, those eyes on the Ibis are incredible! I love pelicans too; great photos Joan.

MadSnapper said...

thanks for the reminder of RED i forgot all about it. i did not know you went to the other coast also, thought you were only hear on the gulf. your feet look a lot better than mine and the water looks real, like i could touch my screen and get wet.

Alan Burnett said...

As usual the photographs are stunning : but those two shots of the bird heads are something very special indeed.

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos. AAAAA looks so warm and lovely !
I love pelicans they are ugly but in a cute way, does that make sence lol. Have a great day !

Brian Miller said...

love the colors around their eyes...that green is spectacular...ah to have my toes in the water...

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed being along on your Florida trip through the photos. But, I wonder if what's termed the ibis is a Great White Egret of which we have many here on the VA eastern shore. I've also seen ibis here and they looked quite different.

Hilary said...

I love the closeups of the ibis and pelican. Beautiful critters. And your tree is just lovely.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fantastic photos.That green eye shadow is very bright.I think too that it is an Egret,but whatever it is those eyes are impressive.
Blessings,Ruth

Vicki Holdwick said...

Gotta love those photos.

I have a favor to ask - may I use the close up of the ibis with green as a model for a sketch?

Thanks,

xoxo

Grandmother Mary said...

The ibis with green eyes is a stunner. I've never seen the like!

Unknown said...

The palm leaves photo was a true work of art!

rainfield61 said...

Seemed like the Ibis was your tour guide.

Pat Tillett said...

Wonderful photos Joan! I especially love the closeup of the birds head. What a beautiful color of green!

J.J. in L.A. said...

Can I steal the first picture and use it as my 'Red' contest entry? ; ) Sooooo pretty!

DJan said...

Oh, I just LOVE the red toenails in the water... I'm on the lookout for my RED picture.

Nat said...

Absolutely superb photos! I'm amazed by the green on that Ibis. Some great Red entries there....

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh, I wish my feet were in the warm ocean waters right now, it looks so nice.

I love the ibis and pelicans always fascinate me, both are amazing birds.

I've got two red photos so I have to decide which one to send.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Ibis is very handsome..I liked the fluorescent green around his eyes..way cool:)

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: