LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Breakers and Birds!!

Today, we are going back to some winter photographs
for a little change of pace.
I didn't want to forget to post them with Spring breathing down our necks.
(And I want to thanks Spring for doing that!!)

So, today I went with two themes---
Wave breakers
and
Birds.


On a cold and windy day, I stopped by my favorite spot in Marquette, Michigan:

There were waves breaking in the wind as they rolled in.

I was glad I did:









Ice and waves! BRRRrrrr:











I loved how the waves where being misted by the hard winds that day:











Cold white caps:



Now, go get a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate to warm up before we go on.

It's ok.

I'll wait.......


Back?

Ok...here, this will help you feel better, even though they are still winter shots.



These guys always brighten my day.

And, their bright yellow always warms my heart:
Evening Grosbeaks!!






"You must have cabin fever...don't you have anything better to do than to hang out by the window,
invading our dinner privacy?"







"Oh...and wash your windows ,will you??":








"I'm OUT of here!"





What is nice this time of year
is that
we have a variety of birds that stop by all at once.

Doves, Bluejays, evening grosbeaks, woodpeckers, juncos, sparrows....

If you look in the tree of evening grosbeaks,
you can see a dove in the background:






"So, like...are you DONE YET with the pictures?":

Well!
I guess I AM!..............................................................................

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

wow they are having quite teh party at your feeder...love all their colors...and i can just hear the roar of the breakers...

Grandmother Mary said...

The grosbeaks are lovely and I laughed at your commentary! I'm so glad for spring, though!

Jeanette said...

Ha! They do look like they are saying just what you said!!

Bernie said...

Love seeing the birds especially at your feeder. Always in my heart and prayers....:-)Hugs

MadSnapper said...

i got way to cold looking at frozen waves, even thought they are beautiful. so happy to scroll down and find those beautiful, brilliant yellow birds. i have never seen these before and they have such personality. love that bird hotel shot, with lots of guest hanging out.

Bossy Betty said...

OH! I just want to get one stinkin' picture of a bird like that! I am insanely jealous!! These pictures are great!

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos as ususal! Have a good day !

Unknown said...

Amazing photos again. The water looks soooooo cold! That last photo is precious!

Unknown said...

Great shots.. All.
Costas

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love those Grosbeaks, Joan. We don't have them --but we do get the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks a couple of times a year when they are migrating...

Do me a huge favor sometime... Go through your photos and post a picture of that lighthouse/area in all four seasons... Wouldn't that be awesome???? Thanks.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Both sets of pictures are stunning.The Grosbeaks are bright and cheery.

Hilary said...

Oh such wonderful photos.. the rolling waves and those incredible closeups.. too wonderful.

Debbie Lo said...

Too funny that the Grosbeaks look like they're saying exactly what you typed. LOL Wonderful pics, as always.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: