Thursday, March 17, 2011
Erin Go Bragh-less?
Well, Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!!
I'm not Irish, but, hey.... I can get in the spirit for it.
Which leads me to my dilemma:
I'm thinking I might just host(ess) a little romantic dinner for my Lad, but I am having a little trouble planning the menu.
Can any of ye wee Blogger elves help me?
For instance, I know we can start out with some lime vodka. (As Charlie Sheen would say: "Well, Duhhhh!}
And the hors doeurves?
Well, celery is green...I can stuff it with something tasty. (Hey, I didn't get an A in Home Economics in 7th grade for nothing, for crying out loud!)
But I kind of get stumped from there.
Once, I added green food coloring to mashed potatoes to surprise my family on St. Patrick's Day.
Let's just say the bowl was still pretty full at the end of the meal.
And, there is only so much parsley one can put beside meat to make it look festive, you know what I mean?
And don't tell me to do stuffed peppers. Somehow flatulence just doesn't scream "romantic" to me. (I am funny like that).
I don't want to be boring and serve the regular corned beef hash, or a rueben.
I suppose I could spike some green food coloring into the rolls at the dinner table, but somehow adding food coloring to them just screams Penicillin to me in some way. (Or is that just me?)
You'd think dessert would be simple.
Except I don't like Pistachio or mint, which is usually green.
Perhaps lime sherbet?
Ah, hell, I can just make lime vodka slushes and stick with the whole lime vodka theme...why make it difficult on myself?
Anyhoo, if any of you have any festive ideas to help my romantic St. Patrick's Day dinner along, I'd really appreciate it.
Perhaps I'll just try something else rather than the menu to get "in the mood".
Wait!!....I could go
bra-less braugh-less!! THAT might get my Leprechaun "in the mood"!!
Or, maybe even better, I could try THIS!?:
Because in truth, I'm not really looking for menu ideas..............I'm really just after his Lucky Charms.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Part FOUR: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park i...
- Dog Sled Races: Part THREE
- Dog Sled Races: Part TWO ! (Otherwise known as Dog...
- Book Review
- Dog Sled Races: Part ONE!!
- Part THREE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park ...
- Part TWO: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- Part ONE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- We have a WINNER for the February's FREE PHOTO CON...
- Erin Go Bragh-less?
- Breakers and Birds!!
- Florida Trip: Part FIVE
- Snow Sculptures!!
- Florida Trip: Part FOUR (otherwise known as Florid...
- Trip to Florida: Part Three
- Trip to Florida: Part Two
- Trip to Florida: Part ONE
- Here they Are!! February 2011 Free Photo Contest E...
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part Two
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)