LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Winter on Lake Superior: Part Two

Here is the second set of
winter pictures
of Lake Superior
that I promised you!!

I know many of you already have green grass poking up
and some of you
even have spring flowers blooming.

Believe me,
in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula) of Michigan,
we won't see true spring
until April
and even sometimes, we still get snow in April or May.

So, we learn to love the beauty of our winters
and embrace spring with great celebration here when it finally DOES arrive!

In the meantime, enjoy our winter beauty pictures!





Icy walkway to the gorgeous lighthouse:








Ice and snow on shore!:










Winter shoreline drama!:









Island ice:









Snow coming down
on the icy walkway out to the lighthouse:









Icy shores looking out at the icy lighthouse!:








Icy islands that look like floating iceburgs!:








Another view of the winter lighthouse:









A lonely winter park bench!:









Winter's grip on the shore trees:









Long shot of the same place:








Winter lake scene:







Snowing on the
icy
walkway to the lighthouse:

It is so hard to believe that in just a few weeks,
all of this will melt away...
life will again come to the trees and the grass,
and it will look totally different.

Nature is so amazing!

12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

love the ice island, the drama spot and the bench. beautiful photos

Brian Miller said...

nice. the ice structures on the shore are so cool...kinda glad we have moved on to warmer weather though...

Bossy Betty said...

Lovely winter scenes! Glad I can experience them through your pictures and not in real life!

Muffy's Marks said...

Beautiful shots, but now that we have arrived in AZ, all I can say is brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ruth Hiebert said...

even though these images look super cold,they are spectacular.I love all those ice formations.I would hope no one would try to walk on that icy walk to the lighthouse.It looks dangerous.
Blessings,Ruth

Unknown said...

It looks sooooo cold! No spring in sight here in Maine, yet either! Still under a couple of feet of snow with temps in the 20s today.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes, Joan, nature is amazing!!!! Gorgeous pictures of your area in winter... Wow!!!! Love that lighthouse...

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Great captures of the lake in icy conditions.
Costas

Cher' Shots said...

Beautiful pictures but they still say BRRR...
'hugs from afar'

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! These are all great, but that lighthouse is amazing! Very nice Joan...

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, they keep getting better! (NOT that I want this weather around me, believe you me, I DO NOT!!!) but it's gorgeous from afar :) I had to laugh, can you imagine taking a trek down the walkway to the lighthouse? Hah, you'd be on your tush for certain!
The ice sculptures are magnificent.
I had a friend in Ohio that was from UP...and living in Ohio, my husband and I always wanted to go for a visit up in your area, but just haven't gotten around to it.
thanks to you for brightening my day!

Grandmother Mary said...

So lovely but portraying cold from every angle.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: