LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Part THREE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in Florida

in Florida,
that this is part of a series of blogposts of photos taken there.

If you missed the other ones, just go down to the bottom of this page
and hit "older posts" to enjoy the rest.



This bear just cracked us up...he took the top of the garbage can, played with it for a while,
and then sunbathed!:







When we first got there, we took a lovely boat tour down the river in the park.
This was great for us Michiganders to see the natural state of Florida woods and rivers:







A lovely golden eagle:








I am totally smitten with Ibis....and their long, gorgeous white feathers on their back:







They nurse a lot of sick birds and animals back to health at this park...
I loved seeing this great heron walking here:








I SO wanted to comb through those long feathery strands on his tail!:








A playful otter coming to say hi:









I  have YET to capture a photo of an owl in the wild of the U.P. of Michigan...
so I was glad to be able to at least get some shots of some owls
at this park.
I find owls just mesmerizing!:






Just LOOK at his pretty face!:

I still have some more photos of this lovely park...
so join me again next time to see nature at Florida's best there.....

I may be interspersing some contrasting winter photos from Michigan
with the rest of these Florida pictures on some upcoming blog posts, as I still have some left of our winter to share with you all yet too.

18 comments:

Lynn from For Love or Funny said...

As always, your photographs are lovely, Joan!

Brian Miller said...

great shots...the bear is cool...and the otters...i could watch them play all day...i want to see an owl again...and the golden hawk is lovely too...

Grandmother Mary said...

One of the birds I saw in Trinidad was a Scarlet Ibis. Same lovely feathers but bright scarlet color. Gorgeous photos! Love the owl.

Unknown said...

Fantatic photos, Joan!

Bossy Betty said...

Stunning! The Ibis is my favorite--incredible!

Unknown said...

I'm amazed at the wonderful wildlife photos! Love the owl!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images.I can't decide which I like better,the birds or the water scene.I guess I just like them all.

Unknown said...

Beautiful wildlife photographs.
Costas

Gingerspark said...

Oh! I adore owls!!!

great pictures!

MadSnapper said...

i am having a hard time picking a favorite, but am going to vote BEAR, he is amazing, all of these are really beautiful captures of the wild life. love that owl a lot to. your ibis is an Egret.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful pictures, Joan... I especially love seeing the owl... Such eyes!!!!

Your eagle looks like a hawk to me...
Hugs,
Betsy

Hilary said...

I just love this bear.. and the bird and otter photos are wonderful. You have some incredible pics here.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Awww! I want that bear and owl! Gorgeous!

Awesome pics!

Cher' Shots said...

WoW ... great shots! Thanks for sharing.

Cherie said...

Unbelievable Pictures! They are crystal clear and amazing.

Anonymous said...

You really got a big variety of subjects to take photos of. Wow.

Anonymous said...

just two weeks ago, I escaped 60 years in Indiana and bought a permanent home in Hernando which is next door to Homosassa. All my photos taken in the last six months in Indiana are dark blue overcast with snow as the only scenery. I'm never going back. Ever. Now, every photo is full of COLOR!! And will be even in winter.

Book said...

I just found your blog, and your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: