LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
I have plenty more of the Florida photos
to share with you.
But today, I decided to get back to
some winter photos
that I have taken over the last few months.
I know most of you have trees blooming
and flower gardens in color,
but up north, our spring usually doesn't hit until late April or May.
So I want to share some photos we took
The fraternities and sororities have full blown competitions
as to who can build the most awesome
Bragging rights are fought over valantly.
We went up a day after the judging to grab some photos.
There was an unusual meltdown (warm, sunny temperatures) the day we went, so they
weren't in pristine condition, but you can still see them well.
This was not the winner, but it was my favorite:
This shows part of the winning sculpture from the Chronicles of Narnia:
Although this dinosaur was nothing to sneeze at either:
(Well, I might have sneezed...I mean it WAS winter out there people!!)
Everyone there was climbing into the dinosaur's mouth to get their photo taken.
(I would have but my husband restrained me.) DARN those husbands!!:
Look at those icy teeth!:
But here is the entire fish scene that I adored:
It was full of details too.
For instance, scroll back up and see that clam? It even had a pearl in it!
But I really
fell in love
It was still cold out there...
I'm not LION!
(Sorry about that, I just couldn't help myself):
See why it won?
It is huge and took so much work!:
Here is that dinosaur's awesome mouth again!:
(He really isn't barfing something..that is dirty snow in front of him from the meltdown).
I kinda liked this guy too!:
( I think I dated him once).
I loved the ice tail on this beaver too!:
And just LOOK at the detail in those ice flames!:
Even an octopus!:
The imagination from those young people!
This is huge and so well done.
Another one had a tower with a clock on it too!:
If you ever get up to the U.P. of Michigan in February,
make it a point to catch the MTU Winter Carnival, the snow sculptures there are wondrous!
I will getting back to more Florida photographs
for the next blogpost,
but will still try to intersperse some winter photos
every other blogpost for a while untl I run out of the winter photos I have taken.
Besides, that is how our Spring is going....
one day like winter, the next day: not-so-much!!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Part FOUR: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park i...
- Dog Sled Races: Part THREE
- Dog Sled Races: Part TWO ! (Otherwise known as Dog...
- Book Review
- Dog Sled Races: Part ONE!!
- Part THREE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park ...
- Part TWO: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- Part ONE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in...
- We have a WINNER for the February's FREE PHOTO CON...
- Erin Go Bragh-less?
- Breakers and Birds!!
- Florida Trip: Part FIVE
- Snow Sculptures!!
- Florida Trip: Part FOUR (otherwise known as Florid...
- Trip to Florida: Part Three
- Trip to Florida: Part Two
- Trip to Florida: Part ONE
- Here they Are!! February 2011 Free Photo Contest E...
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part Two
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)