Another interesting news story!:
WARREN, Mich. (AP) — The fluff was flying when police in suburban Detroit zapped a large stuffed cat with a stun gun while responding to an emergency call about a cougar on the loose.
A 911 caller reported seeing what looked like a cougar inside a piece of discarded drain pipe in Warren. Police zapped the cat with an electronic weapon on Monday, but they wound up with a bunch of fluff.
The Detroit Free Press reports the stuffed animal was apparently placed in the pipe as a hoax. The Macomb Daily of Mount Clemens reports the caller said it was a 150-pound cat.About 10 officers responded to the cat call. Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer says the department is "out there to keep the community safe."
MY TOP TEN THOUGHTS?:
1. They zapped a stuffed animal??? Is anyone else out there worried about this occurrence? I mean if they weren't sure what they were zapping, couldn't it just as well been a child in there?
2. You gotta hand it to the hoaxers....they reported something ridiculous which the police then believed?
3. A cougar? In Detroit? Oh, sure...I am positive their are cougars in Detroit, but they are the TWO legged kind!
4. TEN officers responded to the call? Isn't there supposed to be a police shortage due to budget cuts in Detroit? I bet a report of a murder or domestic assault would have taken over an hour and one cop showing up. But a cougar? Bring on the whole squad!
5. Why didn't they just use a cat scan? (sorry...I just couldn' t resist that one!)
6. If you have seen any of the sewers and drainage pipes in Detroit, not even a wild animal would go in or near one. Yuck!
7. Doesn't water conduct electricity (i.e. Taser vibes?) Did the police also get shocked when they caused the "fluff" to occur? I know the taser is not technically electricity, but water may conduct the energy from them?
8. I am so glad to know that the "community is being kept safe" now from all those roaming cougars (I mean stuffed animals). Some of them are pretty menacing. I would keep my eye on Elmo from now on. He might decide to hang out in a drainage pipe, threatening the community any day now.
9. What did the taser Officer say when he got home with his family?
Spouse: Hi, honey, how was your day?
Officer: Umm. Fine. But umm..lets not watch the 6 o'clock news tonight, okay?
Spouse: Why? Oh, and what is that stuff all over your uniform? It looks fuzzy?!
Officer: Well, I might as well tell you...it will be in the papers tonight, anyway.
Spouse: Oh my goodness, what happened?
Officer: Well, this call came in about a cougar in a drainpipe and...
Spouse: A WHAT? A cougar? Oh sure, honey. What is the punchline? Surely this is a joke?
Officer: No. Not a joke. You see there was this call about a cougar in a drainpipe, so I went to the scene and got out my taser...
Spouse: Hahahaaaaa. Oh honey, stop! You got me giggling so hard I'm gonna have to go to the bathroom! You didn't believe there was a cougar in suburban Detroit did you? You wouldv'e heard it growling, right? Or Meow-ing? hahahaaa ...I'm cracking myself up here!
Officer: Well, the caller SAID it was a cougar and so I pulled out my taser....
Spouse: Oh, God. Don't tell me you taser'd something in the pipe? Oh my GOD...this is too funny!
Officer: Well, that's why I have all this fuzzy stuff all over my uniform....
Spouse: Oh God. What WAS it?
Officer: A stuffed animal...a stuffed cat....
Spouse: (crossing legs): Oh...bwahaaaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa.............Oh, and honey? We are having Frosted Flakes for breakfast tomorrow....gotta warn you that Tony the Tiger is hanging out on the box...better bring your Taser....hahahaaaaaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
10. I would love to have seen the 6 o'clock news. Or be in the police post the next day to hear the other officers tease the taser officer. Oh yeah...they are going to tease this one on him/her for years!!!