LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Love those Awards!!!!
Polly, over at http://www.angelsinmygarden.blogspot.com/ awarded me another Noblesse Oblige Award:
And, Melissa, at http://www.realparenting4realkids.com awarded me another Lemonade Award:
Wow! If this isn't being blessed again, what is?
Of course I am going to break the rules (AGAIN!) and ONLY mention two new blogs (one each) to pass these on to.
I think it is so important to pass on blogs that I run into so that others may want to take a peek at them too.
So for the Noblisse Oblige, take a look at: http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com
I mean with a title like that, how can you NOT look at this blog spot????? I love the title!
And for the Lemonade Award, take a look at: http://cheekygreek.com
That is another name that when I saw it, I had to read it!!
Ten more things about me? Ok, why not!
1. My favorite flower arrangement of all times is a mix of red and yellow roses together.
2. One of my friends is dying of liver cancer right now, and I just found out about a month ago. She is way too young and it just isn't fair.
3. I miss having a cat. (Our two cats which we had for over 13 years, died within a month of each other about 3 years ago.)
4. I love vacationing anywhere tropical in the winter. Anywhere tropical!!
5. I love spotting the first robin every spring, right next to seeing or hearing the first flock of geese flying overhead.
6. My dream car in high school was a red mustang with a white interior (a convertible of course!)
7. I cannot wear high heels anymore for more than an hour without pain.
8. Gardening is a brand new hobby of mine. Just started when we built our new house 3 1/2 years ago by planting spring bulbs. Now I am hopelessly addicted to flower gardening.
9. I hate that I live so far away from our two grandchildren. They live about 7 hours from here and we only get to see them about 4 or 5 times a year. My grandson is 6 and my granddaughter is 1 1/2 yrs. old.
10. I wish my youngest daughter lived closer. She lives near Tampa, and I don't blame her at all for wanting to live south....but we only get to see her about once or twice a year. Thank goodness for e-mails and cellphones. Luckily, we talk almost daily.
Thanks again Melissa and Polly for bestowing the Awards! I appreciate it....and the best reward for me is for you two (and everyone else!) to KEEP READING!!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- More Florida Pictures
- John's Pass!
- Florida: At Last!!!!
- The Journey: Day FOUR and a Half!!
- The Journey: Day TWO and THREE
- The Journey: Day One
- On the Road Again!
- A BAG-TAG
- No, no...I was wrong. THIS was my most Embarassing...
- Time for Another Dose of Blogger Codes!
- With Gratitude!
- I hate Goodbyes....
- Deer in Headlights
- Double Tagged!
- Second Most Embarassing Moment
- Gung Ho!!
- I Used to Be a Spooner
- Boy, Can I relate!!!
- It's Thursday...Time for the Local Police Reports!!
- Does anyone out there know Janelle?
- Blogger Secret Codes?
- Love those Awards!!!!
- Bottoms Up!!
- ▼ February (23)