LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Monday, February 23, 2009
The Journey: Day One
View Larger Map
This is the map of Upper Michigan and lower Michigan and the route we took for our first day of travel which equaled 500 miles per car.
Below is a picture of where the Mackinac Bridge connects Upper Michigan and Lower Michigan, crossing the Great Lakes: (use the minus symbol to make map smaller so you can see where the bridge crosses):
View Larger Map
Here are some actual pictures of the bridge:
Although the photos look like there is no snow,there is snow in Michigan. The water at the bridge was not frozen over.
We arrived that evening at our friends, Julie and Mike's and had a wonderful day and a half of tours of Coldwater, Michigan and great hospitality there. (If you are reading my blog: thanks you two!!)
Coldwater has many Victorian beautiful old houses and is a really cute town.
We got to see the inside of an old opera house that is being renovated, but I did not take photos inside of the building.
I will try and post our next stop soon on our blog.
I am writing this on Monday, Feb. 23rd and we are presently still in Madeira Beach, Florida. Today was cooler than usual for them, the high temp. was around 67 degrees.
It is supposed to be around 69F tomorrow and then from Wednesday on it is supposed to get back up in the high seventies. I have been to the beach, but only briefly because it has been too windy and cold. Hope to post those pictures in a few days, when I post that part of our trip for you.
I have sadly noticed that my readers dropped from fifty to 44 during my trip away. I ask my readers to be patient if I have not posted daily, as we would like to enjoy our trip and not worry about posting daily. I don't want to lose any of you!!!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- More Florida Pictures
- John's Pass!
- Florida: At Last!!!!
- The Journey: Day FOUR and a Half!!
- The Journey: Day TWO and THREE
- The Journey: Day One
- On the Road Again!
- A BAG-TAG
- No, no...I was wrong. THIS was my most Embarassing...
- Time for Another Dose of Blogger Codes!
- With Gratitude!
- I hate Goodbyes....
- Deer in Headlights
- Double Tagged!
- Second Most Embarassing Moment
- Gung Ho!!
- I Used to Be a Spooner
- Boy, Can I relate!!!
- It's Thursday...Time for the Local Police Reports!!
- Does anyone out there know Janelle?
- Blogger Secret Codes?
- Love those Awards!!!!
- Bottoms Up!!
- ▼ February (23)