LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, July 8, 2011

White, Yellow, Pink and Green and Birds and Dragonflies in between!

Continuing with the spring photos today..
and some late spring ones too.

I love the bright, sunny colors that the new plants and
flowers bring to spring.

Especially the bright, neon green of fresh growth and the sunny yellows, bright pinks and bright whites...




Marsh Marigolds (cowslips):








New apple blossoms sprouting on our apple trees:
(at the time this posts, those blossoms are now apples growing, about the size of a large quarter already!)







Cherry Blossoms!:








Chipping sparrow at our feeders (just threw that in because with Spring, comes all KINDS of birds to our feeders!):








I always know it is getting warmer when I see that
the
dragonflies have hatched!:

















Bohemian Waxwing in our apple blossoms!:







I loved this log full of mushrooms overhanging a field full of fresh white
Trilliums!:







Bright green, unfurling ferns!:









Mother Nature really does a good job of putting fresh flowers
and colors on its table for us after a long, drab
winter, doesn't she??

I'd like to invite her over to help me do my delayed spring cleaning...
what do you say, Mom Nature???

17 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Lovely photographs - I would expect nothing less from you.

Grandmother Mary said...

Beauty- for sure. Spring cleaning- not so much! Save it for the winter, the enjoyment of nature is more important.

MadSnapper said...

I am truly impressed with every single one of these photos, they are all magnificent, each and every one. each time i scrolled down i thought, oh this is my favorite no this is my favorite Wow love those flowers. the log is wonderful

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots. Especially enjoyed the ferns!

Brian Miller said...

nice...dragonflies are a fav...saw one the other day that had half black and half translucent wings...magical

Unknown said...

The detail in these photos is amazing! Again, thanks for sharing!

Rita said...

I saw dragonflies and scrolled down fast...they have such magical wings and I figured you'd have an amazing photo. I wasn't disappointed. Then I went back and read and looked at every one. All lovely! That fern bud is stunning! No--you never disappoint! :):)

Unknown said...

Every single one is so beautiful.
Costas

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures, Joan... Makes me yearn for spring again... ha---never satisfied!!!!!!

Those last couple of fern pictures are marvelous... Wow!
Hugs,
Betsy

Hilary said...

Your photos are just marvelous. I love the dragonfly and you're a master of capturing the beauty of the unfurling ostrich ferns.

Mellodee said...

The endless variety and beauty in nature is always amazing. Beautiful shots!! Thank you!

Pat said...

Love, love, love the macros! That dragonfly was awesome!

Joanie said...

very cool! I need to lay with the macros on my camera

Unknown said...

These Photos are all awsome. thank you for sharing.
There is no way I could pick one as a favorite.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Gorgeous pics as usual! But I have a question...

Is it pronounced 'cows lips' or 'cow slips'? ; )

Dave said...

I liked your photos on this and your previous blog post - Dave

Debbie Lo said...

Awesome photos, as always! I thought it was neat that the dragonfly's wings, up close, look like the stained glass windows in our church. Very cool!

I agree, spring is an absolute welcome relief from winter, and it's as if mother nature is celebrating it with lots of COLOR!!!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: