LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
I am finally caught up with all of my autumn photos,
can show you our wonderful U.P. (Upper Peninsula) of Michigan
winter photos now!
So, we found some roads in the woods that were actually PLOWED of snow
and began our search
for some winter wonderland photos
just for YOU.
Sit under your Snuggie with a warm cup of cocoa or coffee and here we go:
Nothing brings the feelings of winter more than a pine tree
with its branches LOADED:
Although, when the sky gets that azure blue (that only happens in the winter!)
and the bare branches of the stark trees get loaded
with snow, it is like a free art show, wherever you look!:
Looking up a tall pine full of snow is such wonder:
And nothing is more dramatic then to put your snow pictures
in black and white!
It is the perfect time of year to do it!:
A cold and frosty morning:
I love woods' roads with gates....this is always one of my favorite gates on some property
by us on our lake.
But on a snowy, sunny day? For SURE!:
More sky, pines and snow!:
And probably my FAVORITE shot of
winter so far!:
Now that I am out there with my camera,
you will be seeing a lot more of the white scenes from the U.P.
Now? I have to find my snowshoes!
Let the adventures begin!!!
You KNOW you only have 8 days to get me your FREE PHOTO CONTEST
picture for December, right???
The theme this month is:
Get your photo in by midnight, Dec. 31st, 2010....
make it the last great thing you do in 2010!!!
Follow THESE RULES!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Bluejays on Ice!
- More Winter Wonderland!
- Happy Holidays to all of you!!
- Winter Wonderland
- Out in the Autumn Woods, the last post for Autumn ...
- Part TWO: Canyon Falls in Late Autumn
- We have a WINNER!....of the November's FREE PHOTO ...
- Part One: Canyon Falls; Late Autumn, Before the Snow
- Raccoon! ( A story, but Scary, so not for Children)
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- MORE Dumb State Laws: Next: MARYLAND and MASSACHUS...
- Foggy Lake
- The McCormick Trail
- Remind Me NOT to Hail a Taxi in England....
- SEVEN Swans a Swimming......(well, Ok...TWO then!)
- HERE They Are!! November's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2009 (298)