LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Part TWO: Canyon Falls in Late Autumn

Today we will finish up the photos
I took
during late fall during my Photography Club
trip out to Canyon Falls.

The rushing waters of the river:







Love the slate canyon walls all along the river to the falls there:






A rock ledge of ferns:








More swirling river water!:







Looking down through a rock crevice
at the river!:








I could have stayed at this spot all day, looking at the river course
through the rock cliffs:






And HERE, watching a small falls:








Anybody want to try walking on this log
to cross the river there?:
(no, not ME!)






We sat on that ledge for a few minutes,
and drank some beverages...
a perfect spot!:



************************************************
You only have a few more days before Christmas and New Years....
so that MUST mean
that you also only have a few days to come up with your
winning photo
for the monthly FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!

Get your

NOSTALGIA
photo

into me no later than midnight, Dec. 31, 2010
to enter....
make it the last great thing you do in 2010!!!!!
but you CAN enter a photo you already published on your blog!
And you don't need to have a blog to enter!

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

the rock formations are so cool...if it was only a bit warmer here i would love to be out...

Sharon Wagner said...

The water here is white, fluffy and ANNOYING! Your swirling water looks much more appealing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, once again. And once again I'm thinking of jigsaw puzzles.

MadSnapper said...

actually all these photos make me nostalgic, since i miss the mountains of KY

Anonymous said...

One of those shots reminds me of Bond Falls near Paulding. Very nice. You can be sure next time we take off I am bringing my tripod!! I missed a lot of shots because of me not being able to hold still on long shots!

Nat said...

Your photos are great - you captured the swirling water so well! I really struggle with moving water shots...

rainfield61 said...

If I am an ant, I'll walk on this log, but do not know how long I'll take to reach the other end.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,
I came here via Pat T, and have to say how wildly impressed I am with your photography. I am a newbie budding photographer but am keen to get any inspiration from anywhere. I will be bookmarking your page and be revisiting on a regular basis - you never know, one day I might enter one of the competitions.
Peter

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: