LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Foggy Lake

 Still some end-of-autumn pictures
to
share with you.

Late, late autumn, our lake's water
is actually warmer
than the air.

It makes for some misty lake pictures
that  I
can't pass up
taking.

The dock looks lonely,
as it spends it's last few days
in the fridgid waters
before
we haul it up
on shore
to await spring once again:









Looking across the mist to the far shore of our bay:





Looking across at the beautiful house across the lake from us:

















A view off our deck:



Our house in the autumn:






I'll be awaiting visiting this spot in the spring to go fishing again:



















But the autumn had its own charms...
and
this time between color
and snow has it's own tranquility.

I hope you find charm and tranquility in your life today, too.
***************************************

Have you been thinking of our FREE PHOTO CONTEST
for December yet?

The theme is:
NOSTALGIA!!!

Don't let this busy month slip away from you without taking a picture
and sending it in.
Deadline: Midnight, Dec. 31st, 2010


(only you CAN enter a photo you have already have published on your blog)
No need to have a blog to enter.

13 comments:

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos, nature is my tranquility. have a great day !

Linda Reeder said...

Oh my, what a paradise YOU live in! I'm pretty happy with my surroundings, but your home and setting are spectacular!

J.J. in L.A. said...

Gorgeous views!

Gail Wilson said...

You live in such a pretty place. So many wonderful places to sit and enjoy your world.
Gail and Mistaya

Jeanette said...

Beautiful pics! What a pretty house you have, too!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow what a neat group of pictures, Joan... LOVE LOVE LOVE your home.... I'd be enjoying that lake 24/7.... BUT--I'll bet you get TONS of snow in winter.... Thanks for the 'foggy' pictures.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home you have and a lovely view!

Sharon Wagner said...

You definitely live in a photo ready local. And you capture it beautifuly.

MadSnapper said...

forget the goregous views of misty lake, let me stare at your home. wow, it is really beautiful. like the lake LOVE the house

Joanie said...

Fog on the water always looks spoooky!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have that view from my windows!!

Loree said...

So very lovely. The fog makes everything look ethereal.

Grandmother Mary said...

Charm and tranquility are pretty worthy wishes to send- from your lips to God's ears!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: