LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Part One: Canyon Falls; Late Autumn, Before the Snow

We've had snow here for a few weeks now,
but I still haven't finished
showing you late autumn photos
I have taken.

I'm almost done, so you can expect some
winter wonderland photos sometime soon...
if I can get out there and get some!


In October, our newly-formed local photography club
went out on a field trip to one of my favorite places to get photos.

I have featured Canyon Falls on my blog before.

Today, here is Part ONE of the pictures I took out there that day.

Although the leaves were all off the trees, we had a really nice warm and sunny day to go there.

As you make your way down the river, the closer and closer you come
to the falls, the more of a canyon the river has cut into the hills.

I love these rock walls:






And the falls were throwing up a terrific mist
that the sunbeams captured:





Like roaring root beer!:
(Oh great, now I have made myself hungry!)





A shot of the beautiful falls with a slower shutter speed:






At the end of the falls, there is a little fence.
Which must mean to stop there.

But you know ME....
I had to keep climbing the rocks to get farther downstream!

I am SO glad I did...because some of the best pictures
were beyond the usual  hiking path to the falls.

The rocky cliffs here on the river look more like Colorado
than Michigan!:













Suddenly, I have the urge to to
whitewater rafting.

Wait.

Never Mind.

I think I want to live.


I have lots more photos to share with you
on my next blogpost...

But here is one last shot.

We saw this CAVE on the hike to
the waterfalls....

I was afraid to imagine what might live in there!:

I wasn't about to go IN THERE
to wake anything up that was beginning its winter slumber...
would YOU??

*****************************************
Don't forget to enter the FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!
The
theme this month is:

NOSTALGIA

Send me your winning photo no later than midnight, Dec. 31st, 2010
following

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Retired One,
Those photos are beauteous :) I especially like the one of the rays coming through the trees; lovely!
All the photos remind me of warmer days; unlike this week!

Joanie said...

They're all great shots, but my favorite is the falls at slow shutter speed.

MadSnapper said...

these are spectacular. i love those rock walls and throw a little ice cream in that root beer and we will be set to go. what a gorgeous place to go and with a club is even better.

Jeanette said...

I LOVE Canyon Falls! We were there a few years ago. I wanted to keep going past the fence but my husband would't let me!! I enjoyed your winter pictures of the falls, too!!

Pat Tillett said...

Great shots of a beautiful place Joan!
Love them...

Alan Burnett said...

As I think I have said before, you do manage to capture moving water so very well.

Bossy Betty said...

What wonderful pictures! Really outstanding! Thanks so much!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Awe Come On Joan---You should have checked out that CAVE... We friends are very NOSY---and since we weren't there to do it (whew)---it is up to you.. Guess you need to go back!!!!!!! har har har

Love that place... (You knew I would).... WOW---not only the waterfall, but the rocky cliffs are AWESOME... Can't wait to see more.

Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ann said...

I have not been very thoughtful in posting comments on your blog. I want to tell you how much I appreciate you being my blog friend and I want to wish you a
very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

PS Did they pick a Nov winner?

Brian Miller said...

oh yeah...def would want to raft it...cool rock walls, rishing water...loving it.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I am just floored and a bit (greatly) jealous of your photo ability. These are truly breathtakingly beautiful sweetie! I'm like the little engine who thinks he can.

God bless ya and have a most awesome weekend!!! :o)

Unknown said...

These are excellent photos! They would make outstanding jigsaw puzzles!

rainfield61 said...

They are indeed very beautiful, that make you and me feeling really excited.

Great photos are borderless.

SquirrelQueen said...

What a gorgeous place, it looks like a photographer's dream. All of the photos are great Joan but lately I have been chasing sunbeams (which in all the fog we are having right now is a little bit difficult) so I find myself enchanted by your capture.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: