1. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with the words orange, purple, or silver, or month. (I don't know about you, but I am SURE I used ones that rhymed the last time I had a teensy bit too much wine (and sounded fine)).
2. The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial. (New or old? Not sure. Probably the old one.)(What does this mean? It must be the Aliens????. Ok, now I am scared!)
3. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.(Poor elephant! He was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time!)
4. There are four cars and eleven lightposts on the back of a $10 dollar bill.(Again, what does this mean? Is it significant? Is it connected with the 172 that is on the back of the $5 dollar bill? Aliens again?)
6. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and look like it is stinging itself to death. It spasms a lot. (Now you want to go out and get a scorpion and try it. DON'T you? Don't you!!????)
7. Most scorpions will glow under black (ultraviolet) light. (All right. If you are going to pour liquor on it anyway, you might as well put it under the black light! What is this? The 60's??? Far OUT, man! I just hope the poor scorpion is not wearing a white bra under the light, because that is darn right embarassing when it glows!)
8. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm. (Maybe he is an Alien with super fast powers. Maybe we need to ask him about the $5 and $10 dollar bills?)
9. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar. (Only someone who stole money out of someone's piggy bank would know this. Or someone with a ponzi scheme).
10. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springstein's 'Born in the USA.'(Rock on!...that is most fitting, don't you think?) (Great, now I will have that song in my head ALL day long....)
Was Bruce Lee really so fast?? It is useless anyway.
Interesting for people like me and hubby. We actually have a 10X Lumiloupe (magnifier that you can use to see things on a dollar bill clearer). We also have a blacklight in the junk drawer so I am set!
I love facts like that. I wish I could just remember them when I play Trivial Pursuit so that I could win for a change!!
About the scorpians...I WOULD NEED WINE POURED DOWN ME in order to even consider approaching a scorpian!
Another possible answer to your question in number 5 about what they might have wanted to cut. Christians?
Rainfield: You gotta wonder if he was that fast, hey?
Joycee: you will have to get out your "spy" equipment and let us know if it really is true or not!
Mary: I am like you, I forget them as soon as I hear them...I rarely play Trivial Pursuit...I am awful at it!
Cathy: We would need to do the old "box o wine" together~I feel the same way!!
Fran: Now THAT is a gross thought!!! ha
Again I enjoyed your blog, food for thought and I'm not sure it's useless information at all, alas I'll not remember them anyway. Have a wonderful day....Bernie
I wonder how much of our tax dollars are spent to figure this out. But than what would we laugh at, ok, money well spent.
Bernie: I am awful at Trivial Pursuit..so they won't do me any good after this post, either. ha
Carol: Yes...money well spent. ha I like things that entertain me! ha
Yes Bruce Lee was that fast, an amazing athlete at that!
Numbers 2 and 4 have me totally weirded out now and I am even more scared of money.
And since I already carry around a blow torch to obliterate zombies, I will also now carry around a huge supply of moonshine for them scorpions AND aliens (maybe scorpions are aliens? the theories never cease)...hey and that's extra fuel for the blow torch AND a great mid day refresher! Wooohooo!
I love that type of trivia! Amazing that Bruce Lee was so fast that they had to slow down the film so we could see him.
That's kinda what they'd have to do if they were filming me eating chocolate.
I'm glad we don't have scorpions in Michigan, but if we did - you can bet that I would be running after it with a liquor bottle! LOL!
Wish I'd known about putting liquor on scorpions when I lived in Mexico and saw a damn scorpion at least once a week, in the house. I would have put tequila in a sprinkler bottle and kept it nearby at all times, kinda like holy water.
Love that Springsteen pressed the first CD! Cool, man!
More of those things I like - trivia
I know what 172 means. It's the combination to a safe, that holds a map to a secret underground military base, where they are hiding the only man who knows the exact date that the New World Order will take over and enslave us all. ;)
Obviously I'm only kidding, but you never know...
Fun post, so I couldn't help adding a touch of the bizarre.
Interesting facts, as usual. I really need to go find a scorpion.....
I just love these useless facts. Don't even knbow why. I always read the trivia in a little magazine from our electric cooperative. Some of them are hilarious. Have a wonderful day.
Love your comment...spy equipment! The Lumiloupe is work related and the blacklight, I got that as a perk when I ordered Pet Urine-Off from QVC! I have interesting junk drawers...
I am pretty sure scorpions were place on earth by The Aliens as a means to eliminate us. However, now we know their weaknesses and can track there whereabouts (with a black light, because we all keep black lights handy) and can drop alcohol on them when we see them. We are smarter than Them.
I definitely need a scorpion for entertainment now! And what IS CE?!!
I never thought I would know what the first cd ever pressed was, but now I do. Bruce is ok but why didn't they press the Beatles first?! That way it could have been the first Yellow Submarine ever pressed too!
Also, I'm pretty sure only The Aliens listen to Bruce Springsteen.
The only scorpions I'll go near are the astrological kind, but if I'm ever faced with one, please let the universe be kind, and have it happen when I have alcohol on me... btw, I love this line of posting, so keep it up ;-) you know, official approval and all LOLOLOL
hmm now I want to go look for a scorpion LOL
Make or Break
Insanity Kim: I think if I saw the scorpion, I would be the one that would need the liquor (for me!)
Lynn: Me too (on the fast eating of chocolate!)
Shellmo: I would spray the Scorpion with the liquor, take a drink, spray the scorpion again, etc. until one of us is non-mobile. ha
Sharon: You had them there? I wouldn't need holy water, I would call for an exorcism! ha
Gaston: Now whenever you hear Born in the USA, you will remember!
Grannyann: there will be more!
Ratty: I like your line of thinking...but the safe is really just an entrance to Area 51, where the alien artifacts are kept.
Loree: you can bet those words will never be said by me ("now lets go find a scorpion") Oh. No.
Polly: Thanks! I try and publish them now and then when I see them listed somewhere.
Joycee: There is a post for you or me...look in your junk drawers and report to us what is in there! I may have to do this and blog about it this week!
Kearsie: I hope you are right. Because I know some humans that might not be smarter then THEM.
Aria: LOVE the official approval from you! ha I have more useless trivia to post in the future, so no problem..we will be visiting this again. ha
Pehpot: Be very careful when scorpion hunting!
Love the post!
Who in the world figured that out about the scorpion and the booze. How bored would one have to be?
Sorry for the Scorpion and the elephant
Have a great day
Scrappy: Glad you enjoyed it...I will be blogging more trivia blog posts soon!
Post a Comment