LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, May 29, 2010
April 2010 Florida Photos: Part THREE (More of Harry)
Today, I am back to showing you some more of the many, many photos I took while we were recently
As you know...
I am totally, hopelessly and utterly
with all of Florida's
On this trip, we stayed across the street from the ocean
yet on a causeway.
We loved our little hotel and with the economic cost
and perfect location,
we had a surprise delight.
As mentioned a few posts ago, we had the pleasure of
three tropical birds visiting us several times a day
right at the tiny little pool
where we sunbathed.
The fisherman on the causeway had no doubt tamed them
by feeding them bait or fish remains after cleaning the fish
I didn't care HOW they got tamed...
I was just glad they were.
We had three that visited us.
A great heron I named Harry, a large Ibis I called Herbie
a smaller Ibis I called Howie.
Don't tell them....
but Harry, the Great Heron
was my favorite.
Here, the Great Herons are very shy and it is a thrill to even SEE one, much less get a photo of one.
So, when Harry showed up, I was beside myself!!
So today, I devote the entire post to my new friend Harry.
Here he is just hanging out at the pool:
(Isn't he GORGEOUS???)
Help me Rhonda!
at his face!!:
He "had me" when I saw that long, single feather sprouting from the back of his head.
He KNEW he was beautiful.
He was forever
he had bugs.
(Let's not think about that now.)
Love is blind.
My Harry would NEVER have bugs....
Here he is at his favorite past-time: primping:
Notice he didn't remove the feather sticking out of his side.
I like that about Harry.
He likes a "signature look".
Did I mention that ONE HEAD FEATHER that hangs long on the back of his head yet?:
You're kinda fallin' for him too,
You can't have him.
With his signature look:
I know he's a goof....
primping all the time:
(Warning: Small children and people over 30: do NOT try that position at home!)
Help me Rhonda (again!)
Look at his head crest!!:
(I am IN LOVE. Even if he is itchy and scratches himself all the time....Don't most men?)
I repeat. Do NOT try this at home:
My husband knows about Harry and I.
He is extremely tolerant of that kind of thing.
He knows to keep me, he has to share me with Harry.
And he knows me so well, that he let me have a few moments alone with Harry
before we left Florida.
I was very sad.
I think even Harry had a tear in his eye...
that might have been a bug......
I told him I would be back to see him again.
And, I will...
I can't help myself.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- It's DEADLINE day, People!!!!...You only have hour...
- April 2010 Florida Photos: Part THREE (More of Harry)
- Ok, call me FICKLE.........
- Yuck, Ick and Peeee-you!!!
- Springtime at home in the U.P.: A series of signs:...
- April 2010 Florida Trip Photos: Part TWO, (otherwi...
- Giddiup!!!...(or otherwise known as Have you ever ...
- Oh Gosh...we finally have a WINNER!!! (and it wasn...
- Springtime at home in the U.P.! : A Series of Sign...
- April 2010 Florida Trip Photos: Part ONE
- The PERFECT homecoming gift.....
- Finally!.....Here They Are!! April's Photo Contest...
- Mystery Ducks....Common Mergansers?
- Our Newest Miracle.....
- Hooded Mergansers!
- More Local Police Reports: A Double Treat!
- Flickers and Duckers!
- More Useless Tidbits!
- A Note about the April Photo Contest....
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2009 (298)