LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, May 31, 2010

It's DEADLINE day, People!!!!...You only have hours!!!.....

Today is May 31st, people!

The D-day
for
my May free PHOTO CONTEST!

You  have until midnight
TONIGHT
to
send me one picture
fitting the theme:

LANDSCAPES

Please follow these rules.

Oh, and one more thing:
PLEASE, when you send me your photo, remind me of your blog names and give me the web address(es)  of any blog(s) you have that you want me to list beside your photo. It makes it so much easier for me to put on a blogpost. Otherwise, I have to look up all the names and blog addresses each time.

C'mon...
I know you have
something
either in your archives
or
you can still run out
and snap
your favorite spot.

Maybe it is a park..

or the mountains...

or a lake....

or your back yard...

or a farmer's field...

or
maybe
something

like
THIS???:
(This is a recent shot that I took at sunset on Madeira Beach, Florida)

If I can get a landscape shot,
YOU CAN TOO!!!


And, once again...
(because I am a big softy)....

you can go ahead and use one you
already posted
on your blog.....
(which is an exception to the rules link above)....

Because I love you.

(I am SO looking forward to seeing all of your entries once again!)

So,
get off that hammock you are swinging
in
on this fine Memorial Day weekend,
and for goodness sake...
put DOWN the Barbeque fork with that huge Bratwurst on it
and put it beside that frosty beer..
and
go inside and send me your photo!!

Gheesh!!!

18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

wow. what a beautiful shore line...cant wait to see all the wonderful pics! have a great memorial day...

ruma said...

Yes, I love this sunset!!

Thank you for showing the photography of a wonderful moment...

The Retired One said...

Brian: You can enter too you know!!! (hint hint)

Ruma: So glad you did come to visit my blog! Hope you stop by often!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Memorial Day to you and yours, Joan...

The Florida sunset picture is amazing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Bossy Betty said...

I think you should put up a hideous picture! I am totally intimidated by that beautiful shot!!

Loree said...

What a beautiful landscape.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I am sooooo glad you can't enter your own contests!!!! ; ) That sunset is gorgeous!

The Retired One said...

Betsy: Same to you...and thanks on the photo...I love the sunsets there.

Bossy: Don't be intimidated, most landscapes are gorgeous...! ha

Loree: Thanks so much..how can you not love a sunset, right? ha

JJ: You are so funny...nope, I can never enter my own contest. ha

Mike Simmons said...

Very nice sunset shot! The colors in the sky are great!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for following me! & Patrick is so sweet & amazing! :) And i see here that i am going to ENJOY following you as well! You have a gift for photos as well as writting! Patrick has a good eye for these things!

The Retired One said...

Mike: Thanks so much...I love the Florida sunsets!

Kimberly: Yes, I loved your blog,so it will be fun commenting back and forth!

SquirrelQueen said...

I would love to have been walking on that beach when this photo was taken. A breathtaking shot.

Shelley said...

I"m a day late and a dollar short! Shoot! But I sure love your sunset photo.....now I just need a margarita!!

The Retired One said...

SquirrelQueen: I was fortunate to have been walking the beach that day (obviously) and it was gorgeous out there. It was taken in April of this year.

Shelley: I know! I kept waiting for an entry from you for the photo contest....figured you were busy with school and camp..maybe in June???

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is one BEA-U-TI-FUL sunset.!
jj

Bossy Betty said...

These are just wonderful!!! I may just go for that flower contest.....

The Retired One said...

Joanna: thanks so much!

Bossy: I hope so...I will be waiting ha.

L. D. said...

Your sunset is marvelous. I don't think I have ever been anywhere that has had a sunset like that. One in Minnesota near Mille Lac there was a sky you could die for, but not camera. Thanks for all your hard work. I will include my names and addresses from here on now.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: