LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
A few weeks ago, we took a ride into the woods to find streams and lakes where perhaps we
could see some ducks that were migrating through our area
to head south for Spring.
For the first time, EVER....
I was thrilled to get up pretty close to the
Please click HERE for more info about them, they are gorgeous ducks.
(He seemed to have an "attitude" about my taking his photo!)
But his buddy was more social and let me take his photo:
(Don't you just love their little "helmet heads"?)
Here is a handsome couple.
I think the brown female is pretty too, with her tuft of feathers on her head:
(I found it interesting that the male has yellow eyes and the female had red eyes!)
Whenever we saw a male and female they were seperated and swimming together, away from the
They probably have already started little ones and claimed territory:
Unlike Mr. Attitude here...who puffed up his neck in warning to me.
Gheesh, I can't help it if he hasn't found a date for the prom yet!:
Although he is a fine male specimen....she couldn't go wrong mating with Mr. Handsome:
If only he didn't have that helmet head.....People may point and laugh....
But, it seems to have worked for SOME......
Of course, if you can't win the ladies with your helmet head....
you could always turn around
and show them
that gorgeous tail action....
Yep...that seemed to have worked, too--
Born to be wild.....
And it doesn't hurt at all...
to be this beautiful, even if you
still a single stud.
I mean, it worked on ME,
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- It's DEADLINE day, People!!!!...You only have hour...
- April 2010 Florida Photos: Part THREE (More of Harry)
- Ok, call me FICKLE.........
- Yuck, Ick and Peeee-you!!!
- Springtime at home in the U.P.: A series of signs:...
- April 2010 Florida Trip Photos: Part TWO, (otherwi...
- Giddiup!!!...(or otherwise known as Have you ever ...
- Oh Gosh...we finally have a WINNER!!! (and it wasn...
- Springtime at home in the U.P.! : A Series of Sign...
- April 2010 Florida Trip Photos: Part ONE
- The PERFECT homecoming gift.....
- Finally!.....Here They Are!! April's Photo Contest...
- Mystery Ducks....Common Mergansers?
- Our Newest Miracle.....
- Hooded Mergansers!
- More Local Police Reports: A Double Treat!
- Flickers and Duckers!
- More Useless Tidbits!
- A Note about the April Photo Contest....
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2009 (298)