I wish you the BEST year of your life YET!
The Retirement Chronicles'
Amateur Photography Contest...
please go back
So, that means that I am announcing the
first contest's EVER
Are you ready?
Amateur Photography Contest's
Yep, that is the first theme.
Interpret it anyway you think.
Just e-mail me ONE PHOTO entry of your interpretation of that theme into the e-mail listed in the additional set of rules at the end of this blogpost no later than midnight, EST on January 15th, 2010 and let the games begin!!!!
And a clarification of the judging: If the three random judges chosen to view all of the submissions received each pick three different winning photos, only the three winning photos will be provided to a new, final judge and his/her vote will determine the final pick/winner for that month's contest.
So, blow the dust off that old camera and get hunting! Or, fire up that new camera you got for Christmas and get hunting! Or, if you have a huge archive of photos that you have never published yet and you think you have one that fits the January theme, get hunting!!!
I can't wait to see what you all will be submitting!!!
To be fair, I will blog post ALL of the entries received so everybody can see what was submitted to the contest, starting AFTER the deadline (after Jan. 15th) , (so no one can see them until they are all entered)....
Here are the additional set of rules:
Amateur Photography Contest
Send your entry photo as an attachment in an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with ALL of the following information:
1. State your real name.
2. State your e-mail address
3. State your mailing address.
4. If you have a blog, state the NAME of your blog AND your BLOGGER NAME.
5. If you have a blog, state the exact address of your blog.
6. If you do NOT have a blog, tell me what name you want used on my blog to identify your entry (either your real name or a code name).
7. Send a reasonably-sized file attachment of your entry photograph. Extra large files will endanger my computer, so PLEASE do not send huge electronic files via your submission.
8. You must already be (or immediately become) a Follower of The Retirement Chronicles blog to enter. If you have not already done so, please do this before sending your entry via an e-mail to the above address.
9. Please e-mail your photo before 12 pm on the last day of the month of the current contest.
10. Do not send any photos for entry that have already been published.
11. If the month’s theme involves a photograph of a person, please make sure you obtain and keep in your files : written permission of the subject of your photograph. If the subject is less than 18 years of age, you must obtain their parent’s dated, written permission before submitting the photo to the contest. The Retirement Chronicles blog site will hold the person sending in the photo for the contest responsible for getting written permission for the photo before it appears on its blog.
12. Please only submit ONE photo entry per month.
13. Please do not submit the same photo for any two themes or for more than one month.
14. Please keep a copy of the email you sent in with your photo file attached. If you do not hear from me within 7 days of sending in your entry (by getting an e-mail from me that says I received it), then your entry is considered incomplete/not received, and this will be your backup for your file.
15. The photo must be of appropriate content. No nudity or pornographic content will be tolerated or published. The Retirement Chronicles has the right to reject any photo from the contest that is deemed inappropriate. Any one submitting inappropriate photos will be reported immediately to the blog host site and to authorities, if needed.
Also remember the rules that were posted in the 12/30/09 blogpost in The Retirement Chronicles.
--you must not be a professional photographer
--the photo taken must be your original work and no one else’s
--the photo submitted should not have been published any where else prior to this contest
Thanks so much…..and good luck to each and every one of you!