LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Florida Vacation Photos: The LAST one in the set!

This is the last of my set of Florida vacation photos, which is probably a good thing, since I did quite a few posts! :-}


Have you ever seen an angel?

Are you SURE?


Because I saw one, hiding in the trees:

If THAT wasn't an angel's wing, I don't know what is.




Oh, sure.....

There was also a white pelican hiding in the tree, too:



Just LOOK at his huge wingspan!

It is amazing that he could land there at all:



Magnificent!
I think maybe they are the ones that give angels lessons on how to use their wings, once they've earned them:




Time for a little bath:






And this one is doing his daily walk:



I have never been lucky enough to capture a picture of an owl in the wild.
But the bird sanctuary gave me the next best thing:




I loved this HUGE tropical plant!:




Doesn't it look like the kind that reaches out and eats people?







Oooooo...
another chance for a darling little owl face:







And this little guy, airing out his wings!:







But I am still SCARED from this PLANT!:


Time to head back north, to home.......



But not before I got this last shot of a my favorite: a Pelcian (with ATTITUDE!):
He is saying: "You HAVE taken enough pictures of "our kind" now?


"Go HOME already!"


Fine.


But I will be heading back down again in April (because our youngest daughter is expecting her baby then).


So they may want to assume another identity with the FBI and go into hiding.....

17 comments:

Lucy said...

I can hardly wait til April for more photos!

Carol said...

Good Morning, I am getting ready to paint. I have been doing a little painting and getting a feel for our new home. But like to stop by and see the birds. Final pictures...tears. I do love the peek a boo pictures and the owl. What a pretty bird.

Claudia said...

The plant put me in mind of "The Little Shop of Horrors."

I liked the bird shots, perhaps I will go to the Pittsburgh Avery and take some bird pics of my own. I have a phobia about birds pooping on my head, guess I will wear a hat.

Brian Miller said...

oh that owl is magnificent! saw one just the other day. so cool.

watch out for Audrey II she has a mean bite. lol.

Unknown said...

That plant looked like it had a huge appetite. I wouldn't linger within reach of those leaves for long! Love the owl!

The Retired One said...

Lucy and Dick: ok, but you will have to suffer also with newborn baby pictures,too...because you know how grandmas are. :-}

Carol: Thanks. I hope the birds gave you incentive to paint more. ha

Claudia: That's the name of the show I couldn't think of when I saw the plant!!

Brian: I wish I could find an owl in the wild to take pictures of, too!

Eva: Thanks! Yes, I think that plant was looking hungry!

Bernie said...

I am so happy you will be returning to Florida soon as I know I am going to miss your post of your vacation....oh yes I have seen angels many times in many forms and one is in the form of my favorite photographer....:-) Hugs

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful shots, Joan... Love that last one of the Pelican with Attitude!!!! And the 'angel' picture and the owl pictures are amazing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Joanna Jenkins said...

What a great collection of photos!!!! I especially liked the owl.

Looking forward to seeing baby pics in April!

xo

The Retired One said...

Bernie: So sweet! I will be fine, my foot already feels better.

Betsy: Thanks so much!

Joanna: I loved the owls, I can't wait to see some in the wild to photograph...I haven't been able to get one in the wild yet.

S-V-H said...

Joan, these photos are fabulous! I love them all, really ALL. You have a talent to capture birds.

SquirrelQueen said...

Great pics, I love all of them. So many beautiful wings and you even got a cormorant with his wings spread. I love the owl, I would love to get photos of some of the ones here.

The plant does look like Audrey from the movie. Could it be a Century plant?

Judy

L. D. said...

I almost missed this one. I really have enjoyed them all.

Jientje said...

That pelican with an attitude is awesome! You're counting the days are you? I know I would!!

The Retired One said...

Susanne: Thanks so much...that is so flattering, coming from you (a professional!)

SquirrelQueen: I have no idea what kind of plant that is..but it was fantastic!

L.D.: Thanks so much! I had fun taking them all and sharing them.

Jientje: Yes, I am counting the days!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The angles wing was amazing!! Lovely photography.

The Retired One said...

dianneavery: Thanks so much...I hope you return to my blog again too!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: