LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Let's talk Turkey!!!
Now that Thanksgiving
I thought it was safe to post my photos
of the adorable turkey family
we ran across
when out for a drive one day.....
There were so many babies, I couldn't count them because they were running across the road so fast.
Just look at the babies!!:
The "crossing guards" checking the road to see if it was safe for
the "kids" to cross....
These two looked so different! I think they were both males? But maybe it was Mom and Dad?:
Taking "Junior" out on the road!:
Whew!!! MADE it to the other side!!:
Next group! Headem' up..roll 'em out!:
You can see by the color of the GREEN grass that this was late, late summer
even before the leaves changed colors:
"Ooooo, Awwwww, that pavement is HOOOOOOTTTT!":
"Hurry up, kids....and quit arguing whose turn it is to go first...we're talkin' possible
Semi-trucks here...let's MOVE IT!":
And, Junior...to answer your question...
No, I don't know what Stove Top dressing is....
but I don't have a good feeling about it......
and I heard those humans over there talking about having a
NEW YEAR's dinner....
not EVERYONE makes Prime Rib you know!!!
Hurry up People!!
You only have a few more days to enter the monthly
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!!
December 2011's theme is:
The Epitomy of the Holidays!!!
Send me your winning photo no later than midnight, on Dec. 31st
You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!
And remember....in January...we choose the WINNER OF THE YEAR...
all the monthly winners for Jan. thru Dec. 2011 get posted
and ONE yearly winner for the BEST PHOTO of 2011
will be chosen.
You still have a chance to get in the yearly drawing if you haven't won yet and win December's photo contest....
(And you other monthly winners can have more than ONE chance if you win in December too!)
so get GOING
and send me your photo!!!!!!!
Don't you want the WINNING widget on YOUR BLOG
that you won December's contest???????....
or even better:
the 2011's BEST PICTURE OF THE YEAR??????
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Ducks and Dusk and gorgeous colors!
- Lake Splendor!
- Let's talk Turkey!!!
- Merry Christmas from the U.P. !!!
- Lake, River and Falls!
- Beautiful Falls and a Buck!!
- Lilies, tree roots and water scenes....
- This and that from the Woods!
- We have a Winner!: Nov. 2011 FREE PHOTO CONTEST: T...
- King Lake Fishing trip!
- Hidden Waterfalls; Part Two!
- Hidden Waterfalls!
- This and that from the Late Summer Woods
- Here they are! =November's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entr...
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)