Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Beautiful Falls and a Buck!!
On Sept. 5th,
(which just so happened to be my birthday!)
I had the opportunity
to go to Munising, Michigan
along with a well-known photographer
for lessons on
how to photograph waterfalls.
He took us to 5 different waterfalls that day
and it was such fun!
I learned a LOT !
Although the weather was a bit chilly, it was overcast most of the day
(which makes for the BEST photos of waterfalls, as sun tends to "wash them out".)
Today, I will share some of the photos I captured on
my "lesson" with the group.
This is Alger Falls, which sits right beside a busy highway!:
Right beside Alger Falls!:
The path was extremely muddy as it had just rained before we got there!:
The falls (below) turned out to be my most successful shots.
When we first got there, the sun burst out and the main waterfall was too bright
to do many good shots.
But over in the corner of the falls, there was some water falling over
gorgeous rocks and it looked somewhat shaded, so me and my tripod
headed there instead.
I was so glad I did!:
This is part of Au Train Falls:
A buck that we happened to run across too!:
Later that week, we went out into the wilderness of Baraga county
this little waterfall in the woods.
It was so quiet and beautiful out that day!:
So, now I am more in love with waterfalls
than ever before!!
I plan on getting out this winter to capture some of the winter falls for you...
but probably more near Spring
when they begin to melt down
so I have open water/falls along
with the snowbanks and ice formations....
So, stay tuned!!
Don't forget to enter my
FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!!!
December's theme is:
The Epitomy of the Holidays!
Be sure to get your photo in
no later than midnight on Dec. 31st, 2011
You don't have to be a Blogger to enter!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Ducks and Dusk and gorgeous colors!
- Lake Splendor!
- Let's talk Turkey!!!
- Merry Christmas from the U.P. !!!
- Lake, River and Falls!
- Beautiful Falls and a Buck!!
- Lilies, tree roots and water scenes....
- This and that from the Woods!
- We have a Winner!: Nov. 2011 FREE PHOTO CONTEST: T...
- King Lake Fishing trip!
- Hidden Waterfalls; Part Two!
- Hidden Waterfalls!
- This and that from the Late Summer Woods
- Here they are! =November's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entr...
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)