LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
If you missed Part ONE of the Bonaventure Cemetery photos,
please go back down below this post to read about this awesome place.
So, let's continue, shall we?
This is the entrance gate:
I could already tell that I was going to love it there.
It looked more like a park.
Graves were tucked in amongst gorgeous palms and Spanish-moss laden gigantic oak trees:
Wonderful tree-lined trees along a river!:
Captivating headstones along the park's roads:
Marble art everywhere. These cherub angels got my attention:
I read so, so many headstones of babies and children that died at such young ages. It was heartbreaking.
Can you imagine being the mother or father of this family, and losing these two precious children , so close together?:
Some of the family plots had huge, ornate statues in their honor. This one was AMAZING:
How poignant to have a jet stream above this monument. A reminder that time truly marches on:
Just LOOK at the architectural detail in the top of the monument!:
(I just noticed the shadow above....doesn't it look like a man' profile?)
Just amazing carving detail, now layered with time's moss and wear:
I have more photos of some amazing headstones and of the beauty of this place.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIVE
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOUR
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean!
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)