LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Friday, May 27, 2011
Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIVE
This is the last of my series on the beautiful headstones and nature park
If you ever get the chance to go there, I recommend it.
It is a nature walk, an art museum
and a place to reflect on life and death.
It is especially poignant to me as I write this blogpost today
because I lost two friends to death, very unexpectantly a few weeks ago.
One was a man who I worked with for years and he died of an unexpected massive heart attack
when visiting downstate to pack up his daughter and her belongings from college..he was only 58.
One was my 63 yr. old girlfriend who was very, very active in organizing art shows
in our area, and she possessed a spirit that cannot be squelched...she died of a totally unexpected
massive aneurysm. She was cremated, but if I could, I would get her a headstone like one of these beautiful ones I have shown you in these past posts.
Treasure life..it is so precious.
Treasure friends and family..they are irreplaceable.
Quite the monument:
This ENORMOUS archway/headstone sat right on the river waters!:
The carved detail in it was undescribable!:
Jesus statue on the arch:
Amongst all the grandeur and huge, decorated headstones
was this simple grave:
And this HEARTBREAKING one, the loss of TWO babies:
A sad, sad angel:
I loved, loved the Spanish moss growing on
Many family plots had ornate, wonderful gates and fences around them:
Like the gates into heaven!
You are almost OUT OF TIME
to enter your FREE PHOTO CONTEST photo.
This month's theme is:
"Something that starts with an A"
Send me your photo by midnight, May 31st
You don't have to be a blogger to enter.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIVE
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOUR
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean!
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)