LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOUR
Continuing on with the fabulous architectured headstones
Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia.
The statues and headstones were simply amazing.
Look at the shape of this little mausoleum....like a pyramid or Silo!:
I fell in love with this headstone. According to the history of the headstone, the woman who died had a lifesized statue made of her by her family for her headstone...three-dimensional. It as just amazing:
The detail was atonishing!:
It was so beautiful:
Look at the detail of her hair and the view from behind her.
She has been sitting on her headstone for a long time, looking out at the beautiful views
of this gorgeous cemetery:
Sunlight on her face.
I wondered if the family strategically placed her statue in that position?:
She was a beautiful woman in life and remains so in death with this statue:
Here is another one where the deceased has a statue of her likeness made and put
on her headstone. Look how sad she looks!:
It was more like an art museum than a cemetery. I wished I had more time there:
I am almost done with my series on Bonaventure Cemetery.
I hope you haven't found them too inappropriate, but I truly think
they are gorgeous headstones full of history and art.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIVE
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOUR
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean!
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)