LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Birds, & Brush!
I am behind in posting photos from the end of our Savannah trip, our Florida trip
and getting back to the U.P.
in the late winter/early spring.
So today, I am posting a mixture of these photos to catch up a bit.
For some reason, Cardinals are elusive for me to capture with my lens.
They do not come to my feeders or come to my yard often.
So, when we were visiting my cousin in Savannah, I was thrilled to see a Cardinal in her back yard.
Of course, just my luck....
she told me it was elusive for her to try and take pictures of it, too..
the challenge was ON.
I must have had to take 20 photos to get a few good ones but at least I did capture one or two:
I was thrilled to see the little female too!:
When we were hiking in Savannah, we saw some awesome driftwood
and old wood on the forest floor:
I love doing them in black and white too:
We came back home.
But, there was hope!
A few geese had flown from the south back up to the north, as we saw in this pond:
I was so happy to see that we had received
the FIRST sign of spring....
the geese were back!
The geese were back!!!
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIVE
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOUR
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean!
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)