Sunday, April 10, 2011
Wood Ducks in Florida!
We have wood ducks in upper Michigan, but they are very hard to photograph because they are in the wild
and are very skiddish and fly when they see humans.
So, when we went to Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park in Florida in February
I was thrilled to see they had some that weren't as shy that I could photograph.
I am convinced that when The Creator made ducks, he/she decided to use all the colors
of the rainbow to make this most colorful one!:
"So, crazy photo-taking lady, are you DONE YET??":
I thanked them!
I love, love, love those ducks and was thrilled they let me photograph them.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Still This and That from Winter Photographs!
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part Two
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part ONE
- Spring Hoarfrost!
- We have a WINNER for the March's Free Photo Contes...
- This and That from Winter Leftovers!
- Florida Sandhill Cranes!
- Wood Ducks in Florida!
- Part Six: Lulu at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- Part FIVE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park in Flor...
- Here they Are! March's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entries:...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)