LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Part Six: Lulu at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park

In my first post about Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
in Florida,
I mentioned that all the wildlife and birds in the park
are ones natural to the state of Florida.

EXCEPT ONE.

You see, a long time ago, this park was a privately owned zoo.

And its favorite resident was a hippo named LULU.

The people who live near the park love him (I found out it is a HIM, not a HER! Lulu is short for Lucifer!) , as he has resided there for many, many years.

The day we visited, we learned it was Lulu's birthday.

Just GUESS how old he was that day???

51 (yes you read right, fifty ONE!!)

Did you know that the average hippopotamus lives to be around 60 years old???

We were AMAZED at that fact.

Anyway, Lulu was very playful the day we visited. I think he was showing off a little bit for us tourists on his birthday, and everyone was loving it.






Here he is,in all his glory!:







Isn't he pretty?:










He is giving us "the eye":







Holy moley, did you see those molars?:








Fine.

Just fine.
He is going to sleep.   We must be boring him with our undying adoration!:










When a hippo falls asleep and then wakes up in the water, and yawns...do they choke?:










Just swimming around. Don't you LOVE the hair on his ears?:








Good LORD!:
(I bet he could eat quite a big BIG MAC with that mouth!)









I have two words of advice for Lulu:
DENTAL IMPLANTS!!!:











Oops, I don't think he liked my advice!  Although he DID put on quite a show for us!:







This sign cracked me up. (It couldn't be serious):






OR.....MAYBE it WAS!!:
THE END.

(Get it?? The END????)
(I must say it was a BIG ENDING, don't you think?)

4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i am singing she's so pretty, so very pretty, love her. and we have a splatter zone here, when the dogs get their baths. we wear bathing suits. i want to see her for real.

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is something else..I loved the sign..I need one of those for the dog! :)

SquirrelQueen said...

Lulu looks like quite the ham, she was really putting on a show for your camera.

Oochkos Observations said...

Very funny hippo sign. I need one of those for when *I* shower!

This is Debbie Lo's husband, Tom, by the way. I'm fairly new to the blog-world and asked Debbie to suggest some good blogs to visit. She suggested yours, and I must say, all of your photos are really nice and interesting too. (Oh, and I'm also Jeanette's brother.)

If you get time, maybe you could check out my blog and/or become a follower also, Donna.

Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: