LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

This and That from Winter Leftovers!

Today, we go back to "winter" photos
that I still had to share with you.



It was very, very cold on the day I took this:






The sun broke out over Lake Superior then, but it still didn't warm up!:





This little squirrel stayed around all winter, through cold weather. He ran and ran around and up and down the trees. We call him "Psycho Squirrel":





The beginning of the meltdown!
See the drip at the end of the icicle?:





I thought it was so funny that over a period of a few days
the prevailing winds made a bend in the icicle
and made "ice art":






Closeup dripping!:






These Evening Grosbeaks stayed with us all winter:







Icy fingers!:






Doesn't this look like a bony ice finger dripping?:





How about we make it red, like blood?:

Wait, it's not Halloween..
it is almost Spring.
What was I thinking??
(Me thinks I have cabin fever!!)
*****************************************************************

Did you submit your FREE PHOTO CONTEST
April 2011 photo yet?
The next month's theme is:

REFLECTIONS

Send me your photo no later than midnight, April 30, 2011, following
You don't have to be a Blogger to enter.

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yay i love suirrels....that bird looks like a base jumper haha...and that beach looks really cold!

MadSnapper said...

ha ha on the cabin fever and the Orange Ice shot. Love that little bird fluttering his wings, and the ice made me shiver it looks so real. happy spring

Country Gal said...

All though they are winter photos shuder ! they are still beautiful works of art. Have a wonderful SPRING haha day !

Unknown said...

I could almost feel the icey winds! and that grossbeak was a beauty!

Loree said...

Oh my. It does look cold. Please re-pose this in August so the snow pics will cool me down. I love that psycho squirrel. He's cute.

diane b said...

Great shots of winter left overs. Hope it has gone now.

SquirrelQueen said...

I love all the icicles and that's a great capture of the grosbeak in flight. But of course you know that my favorite is the Psycho Squirrel.

Hilary said...

The bird in flight is so lovely and that icicle so chilling!

Alan Burnett said...

Oh, that is unfair. Just as I am getting used to the idea that winter might be a thing of the past and global warming might mean there will never be another one again - you go and remind me of it all.

Debbie Lo said...

B-r-r-r-r-r! Just looking at those photos and knowing it's Lake Superior in the wintertime made me chilled! lol

I love the "icy fingers." Great pic. :-)

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: