Monday, April 18, 2011
When we went to Homosassa Springs Nature State Park
I hoped one thing.
That we would see Manatees.
And I was thrilled
Of course they were wayyyyy
So, I didn't know if I could get good photos of them.
But it was like angels were listening.
As soon as I went over to a little bridge, one came right up under me.
Up close and personal.
And I swear....
he looked into my eyes and lens.
If I could of, I would of jumped in and kissed him
played with him.
But they have rules against that kind of thing.
Just LOOK at him!:
Look at his pudgy-smudgy cutie pie face!:
Yet, they are such huge, gentle creatures!:
He just kept splashing and going under and then coming up right under the bridge
and looking at me.
I was in LOVE!:
OMG..do you SEE those itty bitty nostrils peeking up from the water?
I swear I giggled and he giggled back.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Still This and That from Winter Photographs!
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part Two
- Canyon Falls Late Winter Hike: Part ONE
- Spring Hoarfrost!
- We have a WINNER for the March's Free Photo Contes...
- This and That from Winter Leftovers!
- Florida Sandhill Cranes!
- Wood Ducks in Florida!
- Part Six: Lulu at Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park
- Cedar Waxwings!!
- Part FIVE: Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park in Flor...
- Here they Are! March's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entries:...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)