Friday, November 5, 2010
About a month ago,
we headed out for our usual: "what-can-we-find-in-the-woods-that-is-interesting-to-photograph?" trip.
After an uneventful first few hours,
we turned onto a road, went about 1/2 mile and
stepped out in front of us!:
(The lighting was the absolute worst for shooting him with my camera, but I wasn't ABOUT to take the time to try and adjust my camera settings when we saw him!)
Although I wasn't thrilled about the lighting conditions to get these shots, we were thrilled to see
that he was a BULL:
He seemed unconcerned that we were there. He just sauntered into the woods
and began eating some branch buds:
I was cursing my "auto" setting on my camera because it wanted to focus
on all the branches in front of him (between me and him)
but I finally got the shot!:
Look at that HUMP! I bet his mother told him to sit up straight a million times when he was a mere baby moose. Obviously, he didn't listen!:
He came back out on the road and then went back in the woods....
I wasn't this close to take the shot, it is the wonder of the zoom lens.
Of course, it is a bit blurry because of that:
Ummmm....he saw ME....(gulp!):
But when our eyes met, it was INSTANT love.
And then turned to go back in the woods again (whew!):
(Do you see the hair under his chinee, chin-chin? I think it is TOTALLY HOT!)
To ME? They are gorgeous creatures!!:
Bullwinkle and I have a date to meet again. I saw when our eyes met.
He's supposed to call me.
But you know how male bulls are.
I may never hear from him again.
But I will think of him.
My husband even knows.
He encourages this type of thing.
He says if Bullwinkle and I get together again,
he will offer to escort me
to our date.
And maybe even watch.
What a guy!
No wonder I love him!!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)