Monday, November 29, 2010
If you live anywhere near Lake Superior,
your thoughts turn
to the horror of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
So many men lost their lives during this
awful shipwreck accident...
our November's are notorious for high winds
and freezing temps.
The deaths those men experienced must have been unbearable.
Right around this anniversary,
I was out with my camera
when the lake had high, high winds.
That always makes for dramatic photos of the lake and its tall whitecaps....
Here are some waves crashing on shore:
And, definite evidence
of an approaching Lake Superior storm:
Waves crashing against the breakwater to the lighthouse:
A black and white of the rolling whitecaps:
There is this little log home on a point by the lighthouse
that I have always loved:
And the waves were crashing right in his front yard!:
I hope you have a calmer day
and that your December Christmas shopping
isn't full of gale winds and stress!!
Just a few days left, PEOPLE!
Enter the November FREE PHOTO CONTEST
by midnight, NOV. 30th.
The theme is: CLOUDS!!!
You don't have to be a blogger to enter, but you do have to become a FOLLOWER
of my blog to enter....
Follow THESE RULES...
however, you CAN enter a photo that you have posted before on your own blog, if you have one.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)