Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideoscope of photos.
One day, I was heading out on a nine hour trip
to attend a good friend's son's wedding downstate.
As I pulled out on the highway right beside my little town,
THIS was the morning's sunrise!:
The highway is to your left on this shot:
It only stayed this intense for about five minutes.
I was so happy to see it.
I embarked on the road trip farther.
I had to pick up two girlfriends who were driving down in the car with me.
Needless to say, there was plenty of laughter in the car during that long, long trip.
We were so looking forward to the mini-reunion where even more friends
were going to be at the wedding.
I figured it was a great omen to start the trip with that beautiful sunrise.
A promise of good times to come.
And then, we finally got to her house by sunset.
And THIS greeted us:
Almost identical, intense colors,
only that was the sunset.
And yes, we had a GREAT time.
One should rely more on omens. Don't you think???
On one of our treks out in the woods after getting back from the wedding,
I saw a neat old, falling apart house. I had to take it in black and white:
It looks a bit breezy!
From Nov. 15th to Nov. 30th here, it is firearm deer season.
About a month ago, we saw this beauty in the woods.
She just stood there and posed.
I hope she is wiser now, and still safe:
I know many deer would starve to death if they didn't allow hunting up here.
And I even like venison sausage...
but I can't bear to think of killing one.
If it was up to me, I couldn't do it.
I know it is hypocritical of me to think both ways (liking venison yet not being able to kill one).
I eat meat, but could never slaughter an animal either.
I try not to think of it as I am grilling a juicy T-bone on the grill or frying up bacon.
Let's move on, shall we?
I'm getting guilty and hungry at the same time. LOL
Here is that same abandoned farmhouse, now done is Sepia. Isn't it fun to play around with your shots?:
May you get to play a bit today.
It is essential.
And it helps with that guilt thing.
Don't forget to enter the montly FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!
This month's theme is:
Enter no later than midnight on Nov. 30, 2010
following THESE RULES.*
*You CAN use a picture you have published before on your blog.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)