Monday, November 15, 2010
Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
We were out in the autumn woods one day
overlooking a pond.
I always sneak up to these ponds in case there is any wildlife on them to photograph.
I wasn't disappointed.
Way off in the pond was a Canada goose
swimming next to the goose
was a tiny duck:
She looked so pretty against the fall colors, swimming in the sun:
I was surprised to see the goose swimming so closely with the duck.
It was like she was protecting it or something:
If the duck swam right, the goose swam right:
As I was concentrating on my zoom to get their pictures,
I heard a loud flapping above my head.
As I turned I saw
the goose was concerned for the tiny duck.
Do YOU see why?:
Just look above the pond.
Where the tall, dead tree is.
Still don't see it?
Maybe THIS will help:
Here is a closeup of the eagle just landing on the dead tree:
I think he wanted a tiny duck lunch:
But, he did see the Goose too.
And then he heard me clicking my shutter across the pond.
He took off.
And the goose and duck slowly swam away too:
I think we might have saved the duck's life.
I think the Eagle may be very, very mad at me.
But that's okay....
there is plenty of dead deer carcasses on the highway for the Eagle to eat.....
And I may just catch up with the Eagle there and get some more shots soon.
Don't forget to enter the FREE PHOTO CONTEST!!
November's theme is:
Follow THESE RULES and submit your winning photo
by midnight, Nov. 30, 2010
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Big Splashes!
- Deer, Roots and Woods!
- Sturgeon River Gorge and some ducks!
- Sunrise, Sunset...and a Deer and Barn! A kalideosc...
- Rainbows, Bees, Butterflies and Flowers
- Lake Superior Rocks!
- Autumn Ponds, Woods and a Turtle!
- Duck,duck, Goose and EAGLE!!
- Today I have a hodgepodge of photosthat I took as ...
- We have a Winner!!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST t...
- Autumn Beauty and Canada Jays!
- Coast Guard Station, Presque Isle and Marquette, ...
- More This and that from the Woods...
- YES!..another Bullwinkle!!
- A Glimpse of Nature's Color at it's Finest. Oh, an...
- Here They Are!! October's FREE PHOTO CONTEST Entr...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2009 (298)