Here are some MORE Useless Facts (and my comments in bold italics!) Enjoy!:
1. An old law in Bellingham, Wash., made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing. (?!) (Thank goodness they didn't film "Dancing with the Stars" there!)
2. Birds have the right of way on all Utah highways. (Must take a while to get from one city to another, then?)
3. Sharon Stone was the first Star Search spokesmodel. (Sure hope she wore underwear then).
4. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher. (Do they have "kosher testers" there?....like wine tasters?)
5. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries. (Is that a record?)
6. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit will damage it. (Then they must not be sending HUMANS into space. Because it is a natural body function...how can they not do it?)
7. The number one selling CD in history is the third Beatles anthology. It recently beat out the Eagles' "Their Greatest Hits."(I've got nothin'...)
8. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave. (No wonder they want to suck blood...they have a sore side from all that left turning!)
9. If you drop a penny off of the Empire State Building, it will be going 106 miles per hour (terminal velocity) when it reaches the ground. Something moving this fast may actually cause head injuries if it lands on you. (OUCH) (Great! Now I will be worried that I will get hit on the head when I go there! And, with my luck, I will be looking up to watch out for the falling pennies and lose an eye!)
A blog, written with humor and heart, that shares nature photography and daily life observations. Grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and take a few quiet moments to enjoy the wondrous images that Mother Nature gifts us with every single day! (And every once in a while, to enjoy no images and to just giggle).
LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 7
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- Presque Isle: Thank goodness for our Forefather's ...
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 9
- Finding the Art in the Wood..............
- And you thought YOU were having a bad day.....
- Antique Car Show: Part 2
- More Local News Reports!!
- Father's Day Outing!--Part ONE
- Garden Update!
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 8
- Duck, duck, goose.....
- Yep, Retirement is NOT Bad.....
- All Together Now: EEEEwwwww!
- Some Hummers!
- More Dumb Laws: Next up: ARKANSAS
- More of Lovely Spring
- More Local News Reports!!
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 7
- Birds, Blossoms and a Surprise...
- An Adventure in the Woods: Beauty and the Beast
- Pulp anyone???
- Hey, Man...My Mouth Hurts Like Hell after Playing ...
- Fiddlesticks!! Crap!! Oh, Mon Dieux, and all those...
- My Spring Yard Garden Tour
- The Apple blossoms are coming, the apple blossoms ...
- Some sniffs and then a Honk, honk!
- ▼ June (25)
Joan, I'm not sure what I enjoy most, the trivia or your comments after them. So lauged when I read everything. Thanks for sharing, I loved it.......:-) Hugs
Bernie: Thanks! Some of those are pretty weird, no?
I believe #2 should be a law in all states! :-) You know I love my birdies!
#7 disappointed me cuz I like the Eagles better than the Beatles. Yep, I know I'm in the minority.
P.P.S. Off subject in regards to my puppy name post - don't you remember that little girl named SCOUT in "To Kill a mockingbird." It's a girl's name. Well maybe I have to concede - it's a tomboy's name - LOL!!!
I remember seeing a cartoon where they dropped pennies off of the Empire State Building. I think they were trying to cut people in half with them or something. No matter how fast a penny is going, it can't be any more dangerous than a falling giant gorilla.
Ok...I will remember to never dance in Bellingham and not to look up at the Empire State Building :)
Just love it-you have a wicked sense of humor!
I missed reading your stuff while I was away...its good to catch up!
Can't imagine taking time to count steps when I'm dancing! haha! That's a funny one!
Shellmo: I must apologize and embarrassingly admit that I have never read that book or seen the movie of it...so when I heard the name Scout I immediately thought it sounded masculine. I will have to read the book to "get it". Ha
I stand corrected.
She is soooooo cute!!!
Ratty: or than falling rats. (wink)
Loree: Good, now I feel safer for you.
Sue: Make sure you read the older posts then to catch up! I actually did more pictures over the last few weeks because spring provides such beauty!
Cedar: We just took a dancing class and we DID count steps. You should have seen us try the salsa. Good Lord! ha
#6 - it occurs to me that there are a whole lot more dangerous things in space than a poot. For example- no air. Actually, that one about sums up all the scary parts of space.
This post has just convinced me that landing on the moon is a government conspiracy. Thank you. I can sleep at night now that I know the truth.
Kearsie: Just be careful when you sleep that nothing "slips" out....you would are being watched for astronaut training!
Those were some neat items. I think people steal the Guinness book to take home and use when they play trivial pursuit.
That was really interesting about the penny falling off the Empire State Bldg.
I knew about astronauts because military pilots go thru the same. Mess halls and clubs don't make cabbage, bean things, etc that cause gas.
Grannyann: Never thought about the Trivial Pursuit game purpose for the use of the records book!
Post a Comment